Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. glrbird

glrbird

How long have you had his shirt ready, Love the pictures. Only thing better than Kids is Grandkids.

loudbang likes this.
  2. Shirt has been ready a few months lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Just saw some video, been a while since you posted. How's the car running?!!! lol

loudbang likes this.
  4. Yea its been a while. This weekend we finally got to take the old Skairlane out and what a great weekend. Having only made 2 half passes since April I didn't have very high high Hope's I would run very good. But to my surprise we qualified number 1 with a 5.67 also the fastest time to date. Then we proceeded to make it to the final against our buddy Shannon Smith in his bad ass 55 chevy known as pale rider. This was our first time lining up and the ol ford pulled off the victory. Considering I almost didnt make it to the race due to Zander being sick again it was great to take the win for my wife Amanda and Zander as they cheered me on from home. I want Thank my Border Bandits crew for all the help this weekend it wouldn't have been possible without you guys. Cant wait for the next race in Alabama in 3 weeks hope to see everyone there. FB_IMG_1532951442425.jpeg FB_IMG_1532951324401.jpeg IMG952601.jpeg FB_IMG_1532951333521.jpeg

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Congratulation!!!!!

loudbang likes this.
  6. That's great. Congrats you earned it.

loudbang and enloe like this.
  7. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Congrats!!! Hope to see you boys in Alabama!

8. Saxxon

Saxxon

Congratulations... a lot of hard work and heart ache went into that victory

9. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Great job! Hope the little guy is feeling better. Larry

loudbang likes this.
  10. CC913E24-D696-45B6-9089-FD9996EC5B0D.jpeg Man you made my weekend! Pale rider blew up a trans on the first round but the other car red lit. They swapped the trans and came back to put me on the trailer. Glad you took the win in the finals!

11. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

And you said you weren't going!! PFFT!

OahuEli, Dog_Patch, enloe and 2 others like this.
  12. loudbang

loudbang

YAY a FORD power win congrats :)

OahuEli and enloe like this.
  13. 402BOSSMAN

402BOSSMAN

Congrats, she's a badass machine man!

14. Weak I guess :confused:

loudbang, enloe and Higgy's Henry like this.
  15. southcross2631

southcross2631

That's great news! I see Ford power also won C/Gas. Now just got get somebody to take care of that Nova in B/Gas.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Couldn't make it to the SEGA Mooresville race this weekend so I went to the local track Byron Dragway to make my NHRA liscense passes. I didn't quite get my 8 sec 1/4 mile time slip but did set my best 1/8th mile et. She went a 5.61 @122. Would have went in the 8s the next pass if I would have waited .06 sec to let out of it went 9.05 138mph letting out of it at 1000 foot. I had enough moderate passes in for my liscense to start making full passes but I left harder and the track wasn't having it made 4 full passes but couldn't keep it hooked up enough to go in the 8s the track temp dropped a lot in a short time. Still happy we brought it home in one piece and I was able to make all my liscense passes so next time we go out we can run it all out from the start. 20180929_175709.jpeg

Pufff, catdad49, Dog_Patch and 10 others like this.
  17. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Was hoping to see the Skairlane in NC today. But good deal on your pass at Byron.
    Hopefully you make the season Finalle, I need a shirt

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  18. We planned to go to mooresville but the wife didnt have enough vacation time to get friday off. I will be at shadyside for sure. See you there

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Just spent 3 hours reading this thread, mainly because of the Skairlane. Being a long time 55/56 Ford fan and Ford motor guy it was a great read. Jeff, hopefully by now you have the rocker arm problem all cleared up. Btw, is there any way to order a Skairlane t-shirt? Can't go to an event in person, the drive would be too long and a bit wet.:D

Hang'emHigh likes this.
  20. Thank you yes we got the rocker problem figured out. Yes I ship shirts just PM me size and color I have black and white. I take PayPal or check for payment

21. loudbang

loudbang

6sally6, racer-x and Dog_Patch like this.
  22. Very cool video . Great gasser.

loudbang likes this.
  23. Thank you for sharing. Yes that was a cool video just wish I would have got some good full passes that day. None of them were full 1/4mile runs last one was 1000 ft. They took a 20 min break and the track went completely junk because it was like 50° that day. It kept getting out of shape on the big end went 145mph but only like 9.10 et

Pufff, Gammz, Hang'emHigh and 5 others like this.
  24. I think there is a lot more in it.

strokedstang331, Gammz and loudbang like this.
  25. Haven't posted in a while been busy setting up a temporary shop after our shop cought fire 4 weeks ago. Finally starting to get the Skairlane ready for Shadyside April 13th. Not changing anything just finishing off a few things I've been wanting to do. Today's project was starting on the door panels. Not to shabby for never doing any kind of bead rolling like this. Eventually I'll take the back panels out and make them match 20190324_113652.jpeg 20190324_121530.jpeg 20190324_130200.jpeg 20190324_132624.jpeg 20190324_140106.jpeg

Pufff, 3dnsouth, OahuEli and 11 others like this.
  26. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Whoa wait your shop caught fire? Hope all is gonna be ok I had a fire incident myself last year and that sucks man been there done that Anyhow door panels look real good

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

enloe, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  27. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

Yes we had a fire at our Autobody and Repair shop. A truck caught on fire while we were out to lunch. Its pretty bad but knowone was hurt. It is pretty much a total loss what wasnt damaged by fire was damaged by smoke and water. Lots of water. We r very fortunate we had alot of good people help us find and setup a temporary location to work out of while we try to find and purchase a permanent location.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

enloe, catdad49, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  28. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I’m glad no one was hurt stuff can be replaced you guys will get it lined out in due time if you guys need anything just gimme a shout

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

enloe, mad mikey, Hang'emHigh and 3 others like this.
  29. The door panels are fantastic. Really cool. Sorry to hear of the fire, glad you guys are all ok.

enloe likes this.