Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical model A tudor measurements please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostone, Feb 8, 2019.

1. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I'm roughly mocking up my 31 tudor and I need just a couple measurements.

I was hoping someone could give me a measurement from body line to body line side to side behind front seat. So basically open both doors, hook measuring tape on the body line bulge on the passenger side and measure to the outside of the other body line bulge on the drivers side. This would give me a decent idea of width of the body.

The next measurement I need is the width of the roof opening from side to side. And if that opening is even from back to front. As in if the opening measures 42" in the back what does it measure at the door seam area where the front over the door covers connect to the main body shell?

If I could get these measurements it would be of great appreciation! I'm in a holding pattern until I find these.

2. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Any body care to at least venture a guess ? ;)

3. If no one chimes in ,when I get home tonight I will try and dig up the info for you .
    I only have coupes but I have some factory measurements that should cover this.

4. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I can't believe there is not a demension chart available for a 31 Tudor. There sure are for roadsters and coupes that go back to factory specs for Hollander books. Bill

5. Shorty

Shorty

Hope this helps? Check out the "Ford Barn" They have a ton of useful info.

Attached Files:

6. Shorty

Shorty

1930 and 1931 should be the same I would think.

7. kb cookout

kb cookout

If still have the door posts the side to side dim from the inside edge of latch opening is 49-3/16"

I'll look up one of the steel roof bows that fits above the doors, it will give you a roof opening dim

Attached Files:

8. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Thanks guys!

Shorty I appreciate the pic, I've seen it before and it's good for the lengths but doesn't show any good widths.

Know I greatly appreciate it! That will help me a lot !!