Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1949 GMC 150 1/2 ton SOLD

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by joedoh, Jan 30, 2019.

1. joedoh

joedoh
    from Wichita KS

City: wichita

State: Kansas
    Price: 23000
    SOLD

chassis swap, efi 4.3 4l60e. 4" drop front (spindles and coils) 4" drop rear (leafs) all new front suspension complete. monotucbe KYB shocks front and rear. powdercoated 20" artillery wheels, custom backspacing. full HVAC. CON2R gauges. nice interior, new seat and carpet, sound deadening and jute padding on floor. all glass seals and channels are rebuilt. new windshield. Newport wipers. new bed floor and strips, over steel floor so you can haul brick or mulch if you like. all new lights, LED taillights and LED turn signals, two chamber headlights. on and on and on.

almost no filler in the body. rot repaired (kicks) or replaced (cab corners and hinge pockets) lots of dings and dents though. it was six different colors so I wire brushed the whole thing and painted it with a thin satin red including firewall and behind all the panels.

needs almost nothing. the HVAC hasnt been piped to the defrost or dash vents yet but the heater works nicely. AC compressor is bad, the orifice tube was full of aluminum. it will need flushed and a new drier when the compressor is replaced, also the low pressure line has a kink and will need replaced. it has a slight belt driven bearing noise (does not exist with the belt off, idler and belt replaced, not the power steering) that has been getting better but I think is the AC compressor too. I have replaced the windlace but have not installed door seals yet, they are included.

it is a great marriage, looks thoroughly classic in styling but drives like a modern truck. even the DRL headlights look like old 6v bulbs. it starts on the first turn of the key, with no smoke or fuss. everything is 2003 S10 underneath (only year of the LU3 motor with real injectors and quiet cam) so no hunting for parts is needed. I build these all the time and this is easily the best one I have done. This is not a ramshackle collection of rusty junk digested and crapped out as fast as possible, I spend a tremendous amount of time and money making sure it LOOKS right, DRIVES right, SOUNDS right. its hobbyist built so you can expect some rough edges, but the price reflects this. I also leave plenty of things undone or done just enough (chipboard door panels, unpainted interior) to allow you customize it yourself. Drive it EVERY DAY, it has heat and defrost and wipers and is mostly weather tight. put some door art on it and advertise your business. it is not fragile, leave it in the driveway and keep your project in the garage.

if you have a similar project that has stalled I will consider a partial trade. Cash talks, I will give a good discount for stacks of bills. come look at it in person if you can. ask for pictures I dont mind.

[​IMG]IMG_2983 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2985 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    spiffy1937, #5 TRUCK and exterminator like this.
  2. joedoh

joedoh
    from Wichita KS

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    exterminator likes this.
  3. joedoh

joedoh
    from Wichita KS

IMG_3207.jpg

took a 160 mile drive to see the original owner, truck ran and drove great!

exterminator likes this.