Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Indianapolis HAMB Meeting Revival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by maccustom, Feb 4, 2019.

1. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey - I have been longing for the days of the weekly HAMB meeting at Bubba's Speed Shop in Indianapolis. It was the one thing I looked forward to when I first moved to this city. Now that I am all grown up and have a shop of my own, I am wondering if there is any interest in starting up the gathering again. I have space and some tools - we can do it in the Bubba tradition and pitch in on the food and drinks one night a week. If there is enough interest in making it a regular thing - we could start building cars again as a group. My shop is on the west side near Washington and Tibbs. Let me know if there is anyone interested. IMG_8910.jpeg IMG_7623.JPG IMG_8910.jpeg IMG_7623.JPG

2. I’m a couple + hours away but could maybe make a night or two in the summer

3. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

I’m a few hours away but would try to make a few. I might be doing some training in Indy this year and maybe could plan it so I could do both. Spent a lot of time w Jim training and traveling with him. Miss those times...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'd like to give it a go

tierod, unclescooby and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

I am up here in the north west also, but like "scotty t" I would like to come down later this year. Jim

6. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great - do you know anyone else in Indy that would be interested? It would be a help to pass the word.

tierod likes this.
  7. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice to see there is some interest. If we don't have the means to do it weekly, I could definitely host a few days in the spring/summer when we can get you guys that are a little farther away down for a gathering.

8. Fat47

Fat47

I live about 30 minutes from your shop and would be interested.

9. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

im in, not far from scotty, but can make some. maybe some time we can move it around. north ,south, what ever.

10. rooman

rooman

Sounds good to me.

Roo

tierod and unclescooby like this.
  11. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

Wish I were a little closer, what about the weekend of the Custom Car Revival?

12. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Monticello In. Not that far, I can hook up with Jim 32 on the way down. Bill Rinaldi

jim32 likes this.
  13. tierod and unclescooby like this.
  14. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm encouraged by the response so far - we could start meeting weekly and the crew from further out could come in as they are able - perhaps mix in a Saturday meeting once a month or something. We used to meet on Wednesday nights, but Tuesday might be a better night for my weekly schedule. Wednesday is a nice middle of the week night out. Let me know if one is better than the other.

tierod likes this.
  15. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see that CCR is June 8. If we get rolling with meeting we should definitely plan for meeting up. Edwards isn't far from my shop. Power Tour comes through Indy June 12.

16. I'm in

tierod likes this.
  17. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I no longer have a "HAMB" friendly car ( that could change ) - but I would sure like to stop by

tierod likes this.
  18. I could swing by from Terre Haute sometimes. Used to know a cute gal around 12th and Tibbs.

19. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are welcome to come with or without a vehicle. We used to meet just to be in the company of like minded people, a little beer and comfort food and to work on project cars. Having a reason for driving to the weekly meeting in a cool car is just a bonus but never required.

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I would be interested in coming over from Ohio once a month or so.

21. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok every one. I'm not sure this is the right proceedure (since I have mostly lurked on the HAMB) - have created a social forum in shops and businesses called
    Indianapolis HAMB Night at Ignition Arts
    and started a thread there so we can have a place to communicate.
    I connected with Uncle Scooby who has offered to help get the word out since I don't have too many of the contacts from Bubba's days as host and guru. If you have any advice about how to handle this hosting business I am all ears. Next thing to do is to set a date for the first meeting. Should it be on a Wednesday night or should the first one be on a Saturday during the day to make introductions and get a tour of the facility?

22. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Giddy up! I’m there

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

tierod likes this.
  23. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We should shoot for a first meeting onWednesday, Feb 20.

24. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

28. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

29. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

30. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey
    We are planning for Wednesday Feb 20 from 6p-9p for our first meet up. We are trying to get a head count so we can figure out who should bring what. Let me know if you can attend.

Location is at Ignition Arts https://www.google.com/maps/place/I...2bd255a30a2fd6!8m2!3d39.7681038!4d-86.2135584