Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Moultrie first time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vonn Ditch, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Reason????

chopped likes this.
  3. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

Reason.....From what I had heard about it, I could expect to find some early Ford parts. There weren't any to speak of. It looked more like a flea market than an automotive swap meet. The car coral was the best part of it, I wasn't looking to buy a car but it was fun to take a look. There was a 34 ford 5 window coupe project that had potential at a price that wasn't out of reason at 26k if the guy would negotiate some. Other wise the prices were stupid high in my opinion anyway. It was an 8 hour drive for me, if it was an hour or so away it wouldn't be a bad way to spend a day, but I won't make that drive again.

4. RAK

RAK

Been going there for years and have found the only event that is worth the long drive for me is in November. It has been slowly changing in the last few years, the flea market stuff has been showing up more and the individual vendors seem to be fading away in favor of the bigger commercial guys. The place is usually full of vendors in November so you should give that one a chance before deciding.

Vonn Ditch likes this.

5. 29moonshine

29moonshine

been going for 40 yrs. this time it was way down on venders and people. I think it was the cold weather up north that kept a lot of the venders away and the weather at the show the nov show has all ways been better as far as venders

6. chopped

chopped

No such thing as a bad swap meet, some are just better than others.

rc57 and partsdawg like this.
  7. Used to go to Moultrie, but the 4+ hour drive with my work/life schedule, and the change to more commercial and "tchotchke" stuff has put the damper on that trip.

Plus, Brad54's swap in Commerce is only about 30 minutes away, monthly, inexpensive, and is growing nicely! There hasn't been a month that I haven't bought/sold/traded something that's helped me keep my projects going :)

Vonn Ditch likes this.
  8. I totally agree with Mac, the last time I was at Moultrie I was amazed at how much household junk was there, It's a 5 hour drive for me and it's just not worth the trouble, I believe that swap meet has had it's day and is now on life support.

Brad's North Georgia swap meet is still growing and is once a month and about a hour away, there is always a lot of vendors and vintage parts. HRP

uncleandy 65 and Vonn Ditch like this.
  9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

All the swapmeets I attend are changing and not to the good,it seems like the old guys that sell the good old parts are either dieing off or are getting too old and then we have the internet.

10. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

The November meet had always been better for me. Been going for years but missed the last few.

11. Like the others said here try the Nov event. I have also seen the dropoff in guys with the parts. The swap meet that the others are talking about is on the first Sat of each month. (most of the time, NHRA and other race events force them to reschedule.) At Atlanta Dragway. It starts early around 8 and is usually over by 1. http://negeorgiaswapmeet.com/