Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Who drives their Hot Rod

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 36 Penny Coupe, Feb 1, 2019.

1. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I Drive Mine As Much As I Can In The 4th Quarter Of Life... DSCN0375.JPG

2. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

After reading this, I am tempted to take my OT Slant Six on steroids out for a drive. There is nothing like burning rubber and getting sideways to relieve some stress!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

I probably drive mine 90% of the time unless it is actively bad weather. No winter storage.

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

This thread is a great reminder to drive our old cars as often as possible. Life really is quite short, may as well enjoy it while we're here!

IMG_20180401_222735_645.jpg

IMG_20180729_224235_370.jpg

arkiehotrods, hfh, TFoch and 26 others like this.
  5. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

6. deluxester

deluxester

2BDD5724-A1C1-4A01-B5D2-87DAD4B6F2D6.jpeg F6521AD1-0927-4A2B-8BE5-460C17C39756.jpeg

Running a few errands and visiting one of my favorite “.... stores”

hfh, Chavezk21, 31fords and 16 others like this.
  7. I had a few things I wanted to do to the coupe this afternoon and the thermometer was in the mid 60's so I decided to drive the coupe, a couple of hours running around and a bunch of thumbs up.

I am starting to get use to the car and finally nailed it coming home, that car surprised me and I still have a grin on my face. :D HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Chavezk21, Ford52PU, scott27 and 9 others like this.
  8. Malcolm even drives his roadster to transport parts to swap meets when it damned cold...check the mud on the tires malcolmatwahoo4_13.jpg

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There ARE shortcomings.
    Be careful trying to pass an 18-wheeler on the expressway in heavy rain with vacuum wipers. Speed up to pass the truck, the wipers slow down and you can't see. Let off to let the wipers work better, and you can't pass the doggone truck!

10. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

My grocery getter , winter time I drive this 29 and my 48 Coupe more than my other oldies 020.JPG Rosie's 1.JPG

hfh, TFoch, Chavezk21 and 11 others like this.
  11. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Hopped in my daily driver 56 pu this morning to head out to the shop. We are experiencing somewhat heavy weather for So Cal , nothing compared to what most of you guys are dealing with though..On the way out there it was raining pretty good and I noticed a car pacing me on the right, It was a young couple filming the old gray haired guy driving the old truck in the rain:D By the way..the cd player was playing WAR the factory heater was working great, the wipers were doing there job . and the 406 was loafing with the tremec in 5th...

12. CME1

CME1

I have been driving my '47 Coupe at least once a week this winter. We have had real mild weather so far which makes it even more fun to get the car on the road. 1947 FORD 14.jpg

Chavezk21, barrnone50, blowby and 4 others like this.
  13. 6sally6

6sally6

We don't have salty roads.....we have humid/blazing hot summers! I drive mine when its dry and not too extreme weather either way.
    Its a souped-up...cammed-up Mustang with OPEN headers 99% of the time.
    I tell everybody: "When I look through the windshield...I'm look'in with 16 year old eyes"!
    We only got so many drives left in us so.....use'em!
    6sally6

14. squirrel

squirrel

not nearly as much as I should be, lately....

FlyFisher and Stogy like this.
  15. Willy_P

Willy_P

Same here. I live in Overland Park and was going to drive my 57 Chevy to Tulsa today.
    It was supposed to be dry but it rained and the road salt would have gone everywhere, so no go.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

classiccarjack, Stogy and Tim like this.
  16. Yeah , every day .

It's therapy :)

Stogy likes this.
  17. dwollam

dwollam

I drive my old cars all the time, even in the rain on occasion. Snow every now and then.

Dave
    51 Ford.jpg

18. chiro

chiro

The roads are white with salt here. No more driving till after the first big rain of spring. Took my "A" out a few weeks ago. Bundled up, gloves, coat, hat, scarf. Had a great time. Now, to do some freshening up. That's what winter is for. In summer all I want to do is drive it, so no updates get done.
    Andy

Cliff Ramsdell and Stogy like this.
  19. You've inspired me... I might have to make a Walmart trip in mine....But it will have to be a small shopping list :)

Atwater Mike and lumpy 63 like this.
  20. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

4F62EFEA-8728-4F4D-AE49-3B2ECD728E46.jpeg Now that I have my radiator fixed, I try to drive this and my 55 F100 once or twice a week. I really enjoy driving them.

hfh, dwollam, Dave Mc and 1 other person like this.
  21. I LIKE THAT!

I drive my Buick when I can. It gets buried in front of the two late models. The '92 and '95. I play musical chairs { cars? } and get it out and use it for awhile. Think I will get in it and go visit M'Lady in rehab.

Ben

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Stogy likes this.
  22. DSCF3184.JPG I built mine to be my daily driver, and it is. I drive it on dirt roads, in the rain, nearly every day. I don't take it out on slushy or snow packed roads, because I don't trust others to stay in their lane. :D

23. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

You guys are making me sick.:( Mine has been down now for a couple of years, and I miss driving it.:( Nowhere even enough time to get it back up, funds have been severely limited by unforeseen and unplanned expenses for other things. Heck, even my OT pickup hasn't been driven but about 4000 miles in the last 4 years. The wife's OT Firebird has sat in the yard so long the battery is dead, it isn't being driven, either. The RV has sat so long it's going to have to have 6 new tires and a brake job before it can even get out of the yard. All I do is drive that damn semi truck 6 days a week, I'm sooooo ready to retire and work part time a few years so I can enjoy life again, but still have a couple or three years to go before I can do that. Maybe before long things will return to normal around here, but I'm not getting my hopes up much.

24. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

You got the Almost Funny on ice until the next big gig?

25. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I have had 2 old Dodges like that... I am considering upgrading my trucks to Electric Wipers when I get the shop erected and have a place to work.

26. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

My trailer, which is a year old, after a few trips back and forth between SoCal and Kansas, the saltly slushy wet roads rusted it up really bad.... I use it alot, already on a second set of tires.

Not driving in the salt to preserve our treasures is very wise.

Willy_P likes this.
  27. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I hope that you can do it soon. Having free time is a precious thing that I don't have much of.

28. Doug B

Doug B

Winter usually sets in hard around here, but this year, on Christmas day, the roads were pretty dry so my daughter and I took the coupe out for a ride downtown. Christmass day ride.jpg

hfh, dwollam, Normant93 and 2 others like this.
  29. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

700 kilometre weekend, lost a wiper, windshield leaked, flathead ran great![​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    Dave Mc, charleyw, dwollam and 4 others like this.
  30. squirrel

squirrel

I drove it into town once in January.

Sent from my Trimline

Stogy likes this.