Register now to get rid of these ads!

I think I've just found paradise.....

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Matchless, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Matchless

Matchless

Hello all, here are our two girls.
    Falcon and Comet 004.jpg a 006.jpg a 005.jpg a 001.jpg a 003.jpg a 002.jpg falcon.jpg The Falcon I bought when I was 15, worked on it 7 years and still own it 46 years later. My wife ( girlfriend at that time) had always wanted to build an engine so we pulled a 302/C4 from a '69 Galaxie and let her have at it. Beefed a little internally it took us across Canada on our honeymoon towing a hard-top camper - 34 years ago. The only time it's had a wrench laid to it since is to change timing chain/gears now and then ( the cam beats them up) and to revert from a high-rise to a dual-plane intake.
    The Comet we purchased for my Dad before he passed away. Having been diagnosed with cancer he was eager to get out in the Falcon while he still could but it had been shelved while my wife and I had kids, bought properties, etc so I found the Comet not too far away. It was rough but driveable so on Fathers Day we dropped it in his driveway and he was able to enjoy it awhile. Now that he's gone we'll be keeping it for sentimental reasons.
    Our plans are to do it up as a 1970's weekend warrior, you know - buddy drove it to work ( at a garage of course) during the week and flogged it at the local strip on weekends. Pie-crust on steelies out back, something a little slimmer and taller on a period correct mag up front, nose high, etc.
    Any opinions?

Petejoe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Welcome. Great story. Enjoy your HAMBtime.............Don.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  3. Matchless

Matchless

Thanks Don, very nice coupe.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

4. catdad49

catdad49

Welcome from Va. My first on the road car was a 62 Comet, nice little cars.

5. Matchless

Matchless

thanks for the welcome guys.

6. .....Many thanks. It's just an old hot rod. Been one since the 60's.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  7. dwollam

dwollam

Like the Matchless! I still have my 1st bike which is a 1965 AJS 350 single. Got it when I was 16. Getting near 65 now :( Welcome aboard! BTW, my 1st car was a '61 Falcon 2dr factory bucket seats and console that Dad and I shoehorned a '57 312 into. Was quite the sleeper and chiivy killer! Love your convertibles.

Dave

8. Matchless

Matchless

Hi Dave, it's a beater but I'd like to start on it soon. Sounds like we share the same instinct, I still have my first bike too - 64 Honda C200, still all original. I'll bet that '61 flew....getting her hauled back down was probably an adventure though. Thanks for the kind words and welcome.