Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool motor on the bay (ebay)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyard junky, Jun 1, 2006.

1. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

2. I have one of those in my neighbor's garage. Are they worth anything (performance-wise), or are they more of a vintage novelty? Anyone have experience with the cranks and cams for them?

3. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

hahaha...its unbeleivable that motor runs off of one 2 bbl.

4. caddylakman

caddylakman
    from USA

Yeah.. but could you imagine if you welded up an intake with 6 two barrels in a row? God that thing would haul ass.

5. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

It belongs on the bay as a boat anchor...

6. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Kind of sounds like a boat ancor by the discription. Did any see the trans that was on there last week?

7. lolife

lolife

I've learned through (bad) experience, to never buy an engine they won't let you take the heads off. This particular engine does not turn (read the questions area). That's usually the kiss of death, and you need to keep moving on (unless your dad sleaves engines for free).

8. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Lincoln flathead V12s do NOT haul ass, they NEVER hauled ass - with due respect to Charlie Ryan. They have pistons about the size of those small V8 cans, although I acknowledge they pretty much (for their day) idled fairly smoothly (duh). There were some meager attempts to manufacture speed equipment for them but the length of that engine just left it out of the picture for most swaps...even CR's HRL has the radiator WAY in front of the headlights..not a real cool look.

"it's got twelve cylinders and uses 'em all...with an overdrive that just won't stall. It's got a four barrel carb and dual exhaust and four eleven gears that'll really get lost. Safety tubes and I ain't scared, cuz the brakes are good and the tires are fair"

dj

9. whitewallslick

whitewallslick
    1. oHIo

I was thinking the same thing ... you'd think the outer cylinders would be running waaay lean.

10. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I have an NOS cylinder head from one of these engines hanging on the garage wall...it's about as much as I would ever want from one of them. Small bore, heavy rotating assembly, and breathes like a 3-pack a-day smoker...nope, no performance to be found here.

11. Dugg

Dugg

Since my cusory look through the July Street Rodder, I've become interested in the V-12 thing. I think it is Ryan Falconer who designed and built a modern V-12 for use in a scale P-51 Mustang. I saw it fly at Reno a few years back. It sounded soooo cool. I'll have to Google it to see the latest.

12. hemifarris

hemifarris

They're slugs!

13. tysond

tysond

[​IMG]
    sure looks cool though.

14. Wow. Longer AND taller.

15. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

re: the pic and caption of the blown Linc V12 -