Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Getting ready to purchase a new Carburetor....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THutch, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Great you got a good carb on there now. I like your truck - any further pics? Great looking daily .....

2. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

There's a 1850-3 in the HAMB classifieds right now for $35.

3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

From a drive ability stand point an Edelbrock is the only way to go. When I built my convertible I used the stock Q-jet carb. The carb was an okay thing, but after setting for several months was an absolute nightmare to start. I was a professional mechanic rebuilt carbs for a living and it was never right. Took the car to another guy in town who was absolutely the best tune-up guy around had him look at it and still wasn't the best. I haven't started the convertible since probably October, went out last Sunday hit the throttle twice cranked it over and started right up. I wish I would have put the Edelbrock on years ago.

Hombre and gimpyshotrods like this.
  4. lemondana

lemondana
    from Lincoln NE

I hear that quite a few people are very happy with their new Edelbrock AVS2 carb, not the Edelbrock Performer, not the Edelbrock Thunder series, but the AVS2. Check them out!

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Mine is the performer

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  6. 383stroker

383stroker
    from Roscoe, SD

I bought a factory refurb Holley and it was a great deal. Looked brand new. Have had no issues. I’m going to buy another one pretty soon here

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app