Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Shipping your classified ads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fast Eddie 27, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Fast Eddie 27

Fast Eddie 27

Dan Cunningham with FreightQuote is his name 816.949.6353 is his direct line.

So in reading the classified ads I've realized I may be able to help with some shipping issues. My company here in Ca goes thru FreightQuote but really we use one guy there. He is the MAN!.

He will set the whole thing up over the phone including pickup and delivery. He is extremely thorough and has been an invaluable asset to my shop TotRodz. We ship odd ball stuff all over the world and he's been there every time....also I believe he takes his commission from the shipper himself so there isn't any difference in price. He asks all the right questions, insures the items, and does guaranteed delivery dates depending on shipper and circumstances. Being new here, I wanted to offer up his services as they've been helpful for me big time. Proud to be a HAMB'er!

2. Fast Eddie 27 likes this.
  3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Welcome. Good to know the options.

4. Fast Eddie 27

Fast Eddie 27

Perfect. I suppose I should’ve mentioned, this guy would be more tuned for arranging shipment of parts than cars themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Welcome to the Hamb!

There is always a need for someone who handles parts & "odd ball" stuff as I can't take the chance of scratching up my trailers with some of that stuff.

There is NO competition between Ben, Rick & Myself...Lord knows no matter how hard we run we can't help everyone. Always room for QUALITY Transporters, but if he screws anybody over, everyone will know! The only problem I can see is brokers are generally looked down upon for obvious reasons, but if your guy is 100% honest & does what he promises then he will do well with the guys here on the forum & there are lots of us!

Thanks HRP!!!

God Bless
    Bill Squires(owner)
    Bill's Auto Works
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

6. Fast Eddie 27

Fast Eddie 27

Right! And I wouldn’t have dreamed of mentioning him if I didn’t think he was a man of integrity. He’s solid. I will say tho I cannot speak for anyone else there! Dan has always treated me right so I thought I’d share. And thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More options are always good and one with good feedback for continually doing top rate work and taking care of his customers is always interesting.
    Agreed, we don't all ship cars that the Hamb haulers can pick up if they can work them into their schedule. Not every crate or pallet will fit the measurements that Fastenal will take. Fastenal might not have a store within a reasonable distance for shipper or receiver either.
    Several years ago I had a set of reasonably rare bucket seats for sale on Ebay and some guy in the Bay area really wanted them but he didn't want to go into to the Grayhound station to pick them up as he didn't feel safe going there. Shipping by UPS or Fedex was out of the question price wise and that was before Fastenal did shipping.