Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1932 Frame Rail Holes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeLuxe 32, Jan 23, 2019.

1. With the Help of edwardlloyd's thread "Lets build an authentic frame"as well as the various other images of frame hole dimensions I am in the process of drilling the holes in my frame rails, followed by adding the necessary rivets. However there are a few numbers missing. I have included an image with some missing details, I was hoping some of the good people with original frame rails might be able to fill in the blanks for me.

Thanks
    Frame rail.png

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

According to the frame blueprint by Contemporary Coach Works, your pretty good with the dimensions you have so far. Of the three 5/16" fender attachment holes the rear one shows 17/32" from the bottom of the rail to CL of the hole. The middle fender hole is 1 and 23/32" from the bottom of the rail to CL of the hole and the rear fender bolt hole CL is 1 and 1/4" down from the top of the frame rail. The print also shows that the CL of the of the four, 3/8" spare tire mount holes (near your #5) is 44 and 1/8" from the front edge of the frame rail. If you have the dimension from the front of the rail to the CL of the spare tire mount holes, (44 and 1/8") and the distance from the bottom of the rail to CL of the mount, (1 and 23/32") all you need is an original spare tire mount to verify your holes. The print however does not give any other dimensions for the grouping you need. It's not much more than you already have but I hope this helps a little.

DeLuxe 32 likes this.

3. maddora

maddora

@woodiewagon46
    Do you have a link to where I can purchase or download a copy of the blueprint from Contemporary Coach Works?