Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1962 Bel Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billy_badass1979, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Debating whether to sell one of my classics to fund my 1950 3100 build. I know 4 door car are not very desirable but it's such a great entry level car for the price. What do you all think? Im asking $3200 for my 1962 Chevy Bel Air. Interior is in a great shape, has a running 350 and 3 on tree standard. Main rust is the hood as you can tell. Only issue I have had lately seems to be a clogging fuel line so I'm going to drop the tank and clean out all the lines. Should I just keep her as my daily cruiser or not? IMG_20190129_232615.jpeg IMG_20190129_232701.jpeg IMG_20190129_232739.jpeg

Sent from my Z982 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Btw my avatar pic is the motor I'm dropping in the 1950.

Max Gearhead and chevy57dude like this.
  3. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Looks like a classified ad in the main forum,and the hood looks awful but I do like it ,as a 62 Chevy is one of my favorite 4 doors

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Bruce Fischer likes this.
  4. I’d be all over it for $2500 bucks :rolleyes: !!!
    Easy and cheap to work on and a nice looking 4 door to boot!

How far along will the proceeds from this car take you in your 50 build?
    If you can buy some critical parts or jump ahead a bunch of steps and you have no attachment to the more door then sell it.
    No sense in having multiple 1/2 finished cars lying around when you can have one complete driving car to have fun with.

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like a Biscayne to me.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  6. Yeah not really a collector car but they do look good when done right. Already did metal work on th cab, new floors, inner cowl, braces, corners, etc so basically looking to make some cash to finish off brakes, wiring, and need glass since the truck will be for my 15 yr old.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Looks like a driver for someone. Maybe a moredoor but they don’t make ‘62 Anything anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hood aside, that's a respectable looking Chevy! Yes, this model 4 door is one of the better looking 'mor-dors', no shame in daily-drivin' it, 'cleaned up'.
    Hood would be the first agenda. Then an overall 'tidy-up'.
    Really like the wide steelies...car has a 'tough' stance.

9. I got a extra hood just haven't got around to painting it. Not to sure yet what I'm going to do, sell or keep. The thing is the wife wants the truck suspension upgraded to disks, power steering,etc since for my son. Especially if I drop this 348 with 3 dueces in her.

10. If I had an extra 3200 beans, she would be in my driveway! I’m at the point that the big auctions and other factors have conspired to drive car prices out of the reach of working guys like me. And if I have to settle for a four door, so be it. At least I can get my family in it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app