Register now to get rid of these ads!

New shop tool! Best 127$ ever spent

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Jim Lato, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

ya those lifts you have are sick. wow. well i have been working on forklifts for about 11.5 years so thats why i took the old girl. i heard the same thing about the converters, this one has a clutch whoop whoop!!!

Okie Pete likes this.
  2. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

i may send mine down the road too!

Okie Pete likes this.
  3. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

thanks man, yea i figured you guys would dig this post. the worst part was hauling. scariest 109 mile drive ever. trailer WAY underrated to haul lol

Okie Pete likes this.
  4. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

I’m gonna redo it once summer comes around. So I can clean her off but here is the paint scheme [​IMG]

I think this thing will be sexy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

CDAF648E-B9D9-4F7B-894B-B614F70C1DBC.jpeg The lift trucks are also handy for stacking cars:D or bodies

Okie Pete and Jim Lato like this.
  6. Dyce

Dyce

I've always wanted a forklift, but in my shop I know I don't have the space to use one. At that price you definitely scored!!

7. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

omg. i want. so bad. i been looking for so damn long around here and most bodies ive seen are turning to dirt but seller wants a mint for them. i found a 37 Plymouth down by the lake with a good frame i was thinking about using for a build

Okie Pete likes this.
  8. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

man if you got room for a cherry picker, this thing would fit nice! i cant believe what a beast it is for how little it is

Okie Pete likes this.
  9. Dyce

Dyce

I have a cherry picker but the cold storage area where I would use the fork lift is packed. I have a mezzanine full of stuff I hauled up on a ladder. There is a business up the street I can borrow one from if I need one. They store it, maintain it and keep it ready just for me lol.

10. I also use mine to put stuff upstairs, I hate to admit how many engines are up there as well as hundreds of body parts. If you look closely in the first picture, the sliding door is the part that does not have white metal on it. The forklift works great for removing & installing hoods without scratching the paint if you are alone!

By the way, I think that is the first time I ever saw anyone use a matchbook cover for their paint scheme...Pretty cool!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

IMG_20181219_123426851_HDR (640x360).jpg IMG_20181223_122736665 (640x360).jpg

Okie Pete likes this.
  11. hotrod428

hotrod428

I've got a 1946 Clark Clipper 2000# propane forklift I bought 30 years ago. It has been one of the handiest tools I own. It will lift more than double the rated capacity. I rebuilt the lift cylinder last year and bought all the parts from G.A. Miller Hydraulics in Prentice Wi.

Okie Pete likes this.
  12. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

I will have to keep that handy, I don’t live far from prentice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okie Pete likes this.
  13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Matchbook collecting, that is a low entry hobby, but I'm sure there are spendy ones, that one looks very nice. Bob

[​IMG]

14. Okie Pete, Jim Lato and The37Kid like this.
  15. murraystephen

murraystephen

That sounds awesome! I'm so jealous - I've been wanting a forklift for a while now. Does it have any kind of safety features, or is it just the basic model? Where did you find it and how did you know it was a good deal?

16. kevinvance

kevinvance

Wow, congratulations on your great find at the industrial auction! I know the feeling of scoring a great deal on equipment. I recently restored an old forklift myself with the help of a company I found on https://anguslifttrucks.co.uk/forklifts-service-in-uk/. They specialize in forklift service in the UK and were able to get my forklift running like new. I highly recommend checking them out if you need any repairs or maintenance on your new forklift. Enjoy your new tool and happy lifting!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  17. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Here’s one of mine, at one time I had five! It’s powered by a Ford Y-block!

Bones B4609DAC-EC48-4B5D-A522-CAB8F281E7BD.jpeg

down-the-road and Okie Pete like this.
  18. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a book on Allis Chalmers history. I’ll look tonight to see if I can match it up with anything

Boneyard51 likes this.
  19. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In 1953 Allis Chalmers bought Buda Company which included a line of forklifts . The model F line continued until 1957 . When it was replaced by the FT models .