Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone have a pic of the seat back in Gene Winfield's 35 Ford shop truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

I have been scouring Al Gore's Interweb looking for a picture of the back of the seat in Gene Winfield's 1935 Ford shop truck. I can find all kinds of pics of the dash etc.

The reason I am asking is I was planning on sectioning my seat riser similar to what he did on his. The question is "what did he do on the seat back?" It hooks in to the rear cross brace on the back of the cab. Just wondering if he added to that brace extending it down 3.5" to match the chop? I am guessing he did, but I would like to see some pics of the finished interior, if possible.

Thanks,

Root

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Here is a pic looking at the dash for reference.
    [​IMG]

This is as close as I can get.
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and mgtstumpy like this.
  3. HunterYJ

HunterYJ
    from Buda Texas

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

Stogy, kidcampbell71 and HunterYJ like this.

5. ....and here I thought I was going to be all creative when I was going to say you can see a reflection of it in the door glass. lol

HunterYJ and Roothawg like this.
  6. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

7. Now that we're here .... what the hell is going on with those wheels ?? Look like bead lockers .... Gene the first rock crawler ... with whitewalls even ???? o_O Who knew !!

Screenshot_20190129-221959_Chrome.jpg

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yeah, not a fan of the caps.

The truck’s 1950 Mercury wheels feature custom bullet centers and spun aluminum outer discs from Mooneyes. Each was topped off with 16 bullets that were custom-made by Advanced Custom Chrome in Erie, Pennsylvania.