Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help needed from those in Ohio area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JayChicago, Jan 27, 2019.

1. JayChicago

JayChicago
    from Chicago

1-1536942818928.jpg

Recognize this street rod from the Dayton area? I need help finding who did the build on it. I believe it was built in Ohio some time in the last ten years. This is a 37 Ford slant-back, with a strong, built, flathead V8. The build quality on the whole car is top-notch, obviously done by a pro individual or shop.

In October I bought this car at auction, one of a multi-car estate being sold that day. The auction house had no file or any info on this car, just the title. I contacted the previous owner's wife who was nice enough to look for a file (found nothing), but gave me contact info on who she thought had done the build for her husband. But that contact said he had nothing to do with this particular car, and he did not know who did. So now I am at a dead-end in trying to find the builder and history of this car.

Any leads would be appreciated. I can be emailed at [email protected]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I do not remember seeing it in the Dayton area.

3. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

dam that car looks familiar!

4. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

i cant tell from these pictures. but im pretty sure that is john russells old 37 out of lebanon. was the guy who lost it to auction a towel head heart doctor that was arrested for medicare fraud and a bunch of other charges- he was out of the bellbrook-xenia area. if so then thats johns old 37- a closer look at the wheels will also tell me. the dr's name was dr. da da

butch27 likes this.

5. JayChicago

JayChicago
    from Chicago

ohiohotrods:
    You are 100% correct sir. The previous owner is that doctor of which you speak. And from the title I see that a John Russell of Lebanon sold it to the doctor. But that was in 2008, and according to the title at a very cheap price, so I assumed that sale was prior to the streetrod build. (but now your info makes me think a better explanation is simply that the sales price divulged to the DMV back then may have been "doctored" to save sales tax)

If you recognize the car as it is today as John Russell's car, then he is definitely the person I would like to talk to about the history of this great little rod. Is he is still around Lebanon? Can you get word to him, or do you know how I can get hold of him? Thank you for your help!