Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods c4 kick down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4ford, Jan 27, 2019.

1. 4ford

4ford
    from Eagan. Mn

hello hope everyone is worm its colder then Hell here. so this little project is going well and now its time to try and install the kick down cable to a c4 trans. I have a 1941 ford with a nine inch c4 trans two Stromberg carbs and want to install a kick down cable. it has a lokar shifter any information would be helpful on this the kick down lever has to go in the downward position.
    thanks

2. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I saw a setup where the guy had done a mechanical linkage to a bellcrank at the back of the block, only then did he use a Locar cable. What this allowed him to do was make an adjustment on leverage plus it looked more appropriate on his motor that the cable.

3. 4ford

4ford
    from Eagan. Mn

yes I was trying to find something that would work but I think I will have to fab something wish I had an idea of what to make it look like. its funny know one has or had the same issue

4. 3340

I haven’t hooked mine up yet been looking at it and yes going to fabricate a bracket, if you decide not to hook it up pulling the shift lever back into 2 is the same results

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.