Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods United Pacific parts ....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DOCTOR SATAN, Jan 25, 2019.

1. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Was looking at 32-34 pickup dashes....any opinions on united pacific parts out there......?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

All of the UP parts for 32's I have used to date have fit perfectly. I looked at the PU dash and it looks just like my original.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Dave Mc likes this.
  3. Their licensing agreement with Ford Motor Company requires that each replacement part they produce must fit perfectly on an original Ford body. I attended an open house at their warehouse in Long Beach, Ca. and was shown all the jig fixtures for the '32 five window with a body under construction. We were also shown the original '32 truck bodies they used for fitment of their truck body parts. The only difference between Ford and United Pacific panels is that Henry used 19 gauge steel and UP uses the more readily available 18 gauge steel. By the way, if you need any dress up items for your "big rig" they have them; bumpers, stacks, lug nuts and all the other stuff. It's actually 99% of their business.

LOU WELLS, kidcampbell71 and Dave Mc like this.
  4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Go with a original plenty around 1932 1933-34 truck dashes for 200 bucks and cheaper then the UP

5. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

I would prefer Henry ford parts, but prices are getting crazy on the ones I've seen on here...

continentaljohn likes this.
  6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Was looking at one yesterday. Very nice piece along with the demo cab they had on display as well.

7. Hyfire

Hyfire

Are all United Pacific parts still made in China?

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ Where is the laptop, desktop or phone your using from?

9. Hyfire

Hyfire

My question wasn’t rhetorical.

Anyone know if they still make everything in China?

10. I do not think their stampings are made in China , They are made in Taiwan. Just like Steves Auto Restoration. Heck , if you were to get technical . I bet that a lot of parts made for " American" vehicles are made over seas also. It all depends on what is specked out by the buyer who has comanded these over seas companies to make their parts. I know , I have parts made in Thailand and they are as good as OEM.
    Vic

11. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ QC should be State side and not abroad. Ones name is only as good as what the name let's get by.

12. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

What are you looking for 32 truck dash or 1933 or 34 . Post it in the want ads or I have a few dashes for sale .

13. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Cab is 34, but would look at any.....my mobile is 405 637 5880....send me some photographs and prices.....

14. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes they are made overseas, China I think