Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Magazine subscriptions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exterminator, Nov 29, 2018.

1. exterminator

exterminator

The last couple of years there has been deals on magazine subscriptions that hamb guys have shared on here. Has anyone found any recently besides hot rod? Would like to do another year with hot rod deluxe but their price has gone up. Anyone find a deal? Exterminator

2. squirrel

squirrel

last year TEN had a Black Friday deal going, but doesn't seem to be there this year.

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

With the number of magazines gone forever in the last number of years, if you don't support them now regardless of the cost there won't be any "deals" to look for in the future because there won't be any left to subscribe to.

How much do you value having magazines ?

The only sub I have now is my lifetime subscription to The Rodders Journal.

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  4. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Hot Rod and Car Craft each had a 2 year sub/ renewal rate for $20 recently.

5. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The better a deal you get, the more advertizing will be in there instead of cars, .. that works to the point where people complain that there´s too much advertizing. So the publishers give them an even better deal.... and put in even more adds. I think that´s on of the best ways to go out of business.

6. exterminator

exterminator

7. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I have given up on the TEN lineup of magazines, they just have gotten boring, or maybe I've gotten bored!
    I'll stick with The Rodder's Journal, awesome photography, and historical articles!
    KK

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    deucemac, big duece and Baumi like this.
  8. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check out HOP UP, I have no clue if they have a deal , but they surely have a damn good mag... TRJ is great too.

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Watch the deals though! I did a deal on Hot Rod Deluxe last year and recently had my subscription automatically renewed at the current rate or more! It also appears that it may come through a 2nd party service!

10. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Rodders Journal and HopUp is all I take, and all I have time to read. Once in a blue moon, a guy can get on the lifetime membership of Rodders; I lucked out on an opportunity.

slug and waxhead like this.
  11. I have the lifetime subscription to Rodders Journal and every year at Christmas I get my Dad and myself subscriptions to Hop Up. After Rod and Custom went away, these are the only ones I get anymore. And truthfully they are the best ones out there.

lothiandon1940 and Blue One like this.
  12. You and I both Larry, you and I both. HRP

Blue One likes this.
  13. micksmith

micksmith
    from australia

Yes I tried many times to get a lifetime subscription with RJ but living in australia i kept missing out i have every issue still subscribe from RJ our dollar is only 70 cents that hurts BUT it's a awesome magazine

14. BJR

BJR

The last time I took advantage of a 3 year deal on a magazine I liked, it went out of business 3 months later. So they gave me 3 years of fucking Motor Trend!

15. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

I have several years of Street Rodder due to the death of Rod and Custom and Custom Rodder. I don't even want to know where my subscription to Roadkill Mag went, I would just get wizzed off again...

16. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i gave up on mags when i realized there wasn't very many articles that related to my likes in them.

17. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Same thing happened to me! Motor Trend SUCKS:(:mad:

18. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Well today in the mail I got a "deal" in an offer of 3 years of Street Rodder for $8.00 a year plus a free shop clock, a savings of $263.64. You know it is just a ploy to pump up subscriber numbers for advertising sales. The magazine already is mostly ads now with some car pictures thrown in. Anyone believe that for your $8 you will really be getting that magazine in 2020 or 2021? If you do I have some swamp land in southern NH I can offer you.
    Thank God for the HAMB. Always reliable and a cure for the blues as I sit here on a very raw rainy winter's day, too cold to be in the unheated garage with the '40. Just turned 76 this week and just returned from my daily visit to the missus in the nursing home. I know my daily visits to the HAMB will warm my soul with cars and stories that I appreciate.

19. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

i get rodders journal and hot rod, used to get street rodder, hot rod for me is like 2 or 3 good articles and a lot of ads but i like some of the ads too haha. rodders journal is AWESOME. hot rod was cheap rodders journal wasnt so yeah id say less cheap is better

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

one of the great joys in life used to be going down to the liquor store on Thursdays to see what see car magazines had come out. we started out riding our bicycles to this one place we all used to go around 1972 and went until the people who owned it retired around 1995. it was purchased by "other people" who felt if you were in there more than 5 minutes you were a bother to them.

all I buy now is Hot Rod Deluxe at the grocery store.

21. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

They are proud of that Hot Rod Deluxe, I think I gave $8.00 for the last one but it is a good mag. I like RodZ also.

22. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

49ratfink, in '55 little rod books could be found at the United Cigar Store. They were on the middle rack just below the girly magazines, real tame compared to a half a century later, but back then we'd get caught shielding them with Rod and Custom or Rodding and Restyling by the owner. But our rides were Schwin like you guys.