Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any one From OREGON??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by White_Attack, Mar 15, 2012.

1. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

super old thread, im just outside of eugene for the record

2. rudestude

rudestude

I realize this is a old thread but the last post got me to look at it and found this post interesting because I was born and raised in St.Helens Oregon , now live just 12 miles from there, and my dad was a fireman, now retired, that still lives in town.....just found it interesting....oh ya I didn't think they made a 63 Bubble top.....some 62's had the 61 roof I know....

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. [​IMG]

You sir are correct, it is a 62 and he now lives in St. Helens

rudestude likes this.
  4. rudestude

rudestude

Good looking car... I will have to keep my eye's open for it this summer... I'm in St.Helens almost every day... I graduated from there in 1980...my dad , just turned 79 this last weekend , retired from the St.Helens fire department after 30 + years ....

oliver westlund likes this.
  5. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Old thread, but there's quite a few like minded individuals in the Hillsboro, Forest Grove and Banks area of Oregon.

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

mmmm, Driving a vintage rag top to Wildwood Golf Course for 18 on a nice Saturday morning and a stop off at the "dirty 30" on the way home. Good times, good times. :rolleyes:

7. Rudestude, you will usually find him at Woodburn drag strip hoping to break into the high 10's this year, other than that works for the City of Hillsboro. Can't remember the road he lives on but it starts with a K and is up the hill from town.

rudestude likes this.
  8. Neat, I'm the current president of the Columbia River Camaro Club. Wouldnt happen to have anything leftover from those early years?
    Plus I recognize that bubble top, I think my grandfather bought a transmission from your son right after he bought that car. Did he used to live in Hillsboro behind the Sunset Shopping center?

9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Here in Albany. I have plenty of old parts. Dust preserves them. :D

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I'm over here!

Gary Reynolds and Bandit Billy like this.
  11. You're too late as I left town . Ft Mohave is my residence now a days DSCN5244 (1).JPG

Bandit Billy likes this.
  12. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

i was born in 1988 and my dad turns 79 this year too hahahaha

rudestude likes this.
  13. crc1.jpg crc2.jpg
    Taboo56Chevy, Your right, that was my son your Grandfather got the transmission from! Small world!! About maybe around 15 years ago, I sent the first membership book and the minutes of the first couple of years to the then current president, but never heard back from him. I had a 67 RS/SS which my son is restoring now. Purchased it off the showroom floor with 6/10 miles on it. I think all I have left is the first issue jacket for CRC. We started with 9 members and got as high as 102 members. Jim

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  14. rudestude

rudestude

There's a Kappler Rd. .... actually there's a east Kappler and west Kappler.....

15. rudestude

rudestude

Now that there's some Oregon guy's gathered here... I was contacted a while back by the original builder of this 27 T and he is trying to locate it in hopes to buy it back... I owned the car in the early to mid 80's when I sold the car it had a 390 in it ...a friend bought it then it was sold again and in around 1996-7 my brother was looking at a Mustang that was for sale in Hillsboro / Aloha Oregon area and he said the roadster was sitting in the garage at the same house.....he swears it was the car ...he should know because it ran over him one day....the car was a steal body ...pale yellow body /black frame...390/C6....frame was a double tube frame that was once a old dragster frame that was shortened...mustang tail lights ... original T folding top..... I know were the 427 Ford engine is but would like to find the car or any of its parts if anyone has any info PM me ....
    Thanks Terry (aka Rudestude) IMG_20190123_130959_1~2.jpeg IMG_20190123_131031_1~2.jpeg IMG_20190123_131509_1~2.jpeg IMG_20190123_131531_1~2.jpeg IMG_20190123_131611_1~2.jpeg IMG_20190123_131549_1~2.jpeg IMG_20190123_131635~2.jpeg

16. Yep its a small world, lol. That jacket is sweet! I think we added "Club" to the name in the mid 90's. We are currently at 76 members and just under 100 cars. The new ones saved the club. It almost folded around 2007.

17. Do any of you Grants Pass guys know this '41 Cadillac? Do you know the past owner?
    Some of Cadillac guys want to know where the gravel shields were sourced.

Attached Files:

18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am over here also, yet we are no where's nearer each other. Strange.
    Born and raised in Portland, keeping the faith in Battle Ground. I will be showing a car at the PRS in March. Perhaps a meet and greet is in order HAMBsters? hambsters? like gerbils? oh that aint right.

19. I miss Oregon. After retirement in 2004, moved to Oklahoma to stretch out the retirement money, no regrets! Yes, the Camaro Club was in decline during the 90's but we had some great years. Good to hear from all you other Oregon Guys! Jim

20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I belonged to two different clubs that were members of the Multnomah Hot Rod Council.
    In the early 70's and again in the early 90's.
    By the way, did you know the guy from Oregon City that was in the Camaro club that did louver work?

21. I grew up in Forest Grove, moved to Los Angeles with some friends (we were gonna be rock stars), then back to Oregon. Now I’m in Nevada and I kinda like it. I dragged my ‘50 shoebox Ford down here from Mollala, where I bought it from one of my uncles.

I miss Oregon, but when I go back it doesn’t feel like home. A lot has changed.

22. Firedup

Firedup
    from Oregon

This makes oh 3 or 4 from Molalla (mow-la-la). Lol. Born and raised here.

23. rudestude

rudestude

There was Shorts Auto Supply and Machining in Oregon City.. can't remember if he did louvers then there was LCL Company formerly Loren's Custom Louvering but I think he was in Gresham though.....during the mid 80's into the 90's I was heavily in to the Cruzin 's in the Portland area and other ones through out Oregon and Washington...and started the one in St.Helens at the Dairy Delish Drive in...also attending the Portland Roadster Shows and participating a few years.... I showed a 56 Buick white with a full flame job from the head lights to the tail lights called "The Panty Dropper" got to know a few of the members in fact Reed Hall ...RIP...was a good guy he did the dash plaques for our Cruzin each year the Merc that was on the plaques was taken from a picture of his own car.....lots of fun in them days...... IMG_20190123_071719~2.jpeg

24. rudestude

rudestude

Ya it amazes me that people go into business for them selves that involves dealing with the public and have that kind of attitude like they don't need you....if they are that well off that they don't need your business then do not even open the doors to the public....the days of having a business that are there for the customers being top priority and the rest being how well you do at bringing them back so you can take care of your overhead....are gone....number one priority now is to set things up , fake sales ,rebates , using tricks to get you in the place all to screw you out of your money.....and don't even get me started on some of the auto store counter people now days....one quick one at Walmart last week I went in looking for them clear three ring hole plastic sleeves to put 8"x10" photo's or papers in ... I didn't see what I was looking for so I ask a store person ,the yellow vested one ,if they had any she looked at me like I was talking in some other language... I said you know you put photographs in them and after some more blank looks she says photographs? I said you know ...picture..paper photo's ..photo album pages...then she says ..OK I think I know ...my Grandma had some of them I think......WTF....just saying....

25. Piledrivin'Joe

Piledrivin'Joe

I’m close-in SE Portland by the Brooklyn rail yard, There’s a couple other hot rodders that live near me, but it’s become a hard place to be a young car guy, even just since this thread started. Most who rented are now gone and the rest of us work in T garages or in the street. I park my rides in the rail yard fingers crossed. I daily a 65 Galaxie 500 doing repair work. Yesterday I was in Battle Ground, day before Eugene, tomorrow I’ll be in Forest Grove. Really love getting out to small town Oregon, someday I’ll move out of the city center but for now being in the opposite flow of traffic still makes it worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Moved to Southwestern Oregon back in 2013 from So Cal and I can't wait to get out of here for lots of reasons! I'll take Southern Nevada or AZ over this place in a heartbeat.

rudestude likes this.
  28. Glad to see the club going strong! The reason for our decline was due to a"Power Struggle" and a member wanting to start a new club in Vancouver.
    My son John at Woodburn last year, 2nd place in Stick Shift class.
    woodburn1.JPG woodburn2.JPG

Taboo56Chevy and rudestude like this.
  29. Great pictures, that car is just sweet, I love 62 bubbletops. Also sweet that he finished 2nd. Surprised i didnt see him at the track. I am racing my new Camaro in the modern muscle class at woodburn and we shared some days with the super shifters. I finished runner up in the M/M class as well.

30. He'll be back this season with new transmission and bigger gears. Jim