Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. 409deuce

409deuce

saw it on a chevelle the other day. That vette is awesome

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  2. One more for the day. This was Dads buddy. I believe his name was Mick Roberts, he must have been good with the old vette judging by the hardware on the hood.

img018 (Small).jpg

3. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

hey scotty ya got a pic of orons vette? I do somewhere in here!

loudbang likes this.
  4. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

How about this one? Stock wheels powder coated black, 5.60x15 front tires and 8.20x15 back. These tires are "bias look" radials from Coker. They ride nice. I was going to put a set of 4.5x15 Torque Thrusts on the front but ran out of time. To put those wheels on I'll need to install longer wheel studs and run a 1/2" spacer. I'm not sure I really want to do that. The problem is the tires are spread just a little too wide for my taste. I may look for some 4-4.5" chrome steel wheels. That might be even better than the Torque Thrusts. 1vet.jpg

5. Rich this is the only one I could find. I pretty sure there are more several pages back in this thread.
    RRR2011_0042.jpg

6. That's a good look.

UNCLECHET and loudbang like this.
  7. jimdillon

jimdillon

Chet your car does have a good look.

Scotty and rd martin I met Jim with the injected red 56 at the Pie Crust last year. Very impressive performer for sure. Kind of a hectic day in a way in that you had to get three runs in prior to run offs and it all had to take place in a relatively short period of time but when I had a moment I introduced myself to Jim. His car was I believe third high qualifier until he broke during wheel hop. After he broke he came back and we talked in the staging lanes. Hope to run into him again. He ran 12s which was good when you think most of the A/G cars were running 12s. The fastest qualifier was John Reidenbach (bald1) with his black & blown 62 Vette who ran low 11s.

I took a couple of quick pics of Jim's car but the pictures suck. Here is one of them of the engine and then some posted earlier in the thread by Jason.
    Jim's 56 2.jpg
    0E31E675-2EEE-40FB-BA2D-5F00BC112F5C.jpeg.jpg
    90EE29A8-F9F3-4F5B-8081-F67B85925DFF.jpeg.jpg
    And then just because it is cool, here is a picture of John's car.
    007r.jpg

And finally a pic of John's and my 002r.jpg black 62 at the drag strip-which is a good thing IMO.

8. loudbang

loudbang

9. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

neat stuff!

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  10. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

PERFECT, just as it sits!!

11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

VERY COOL PIC

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Let's not forget Paris Fishs' black beauty.
    [​IMG]

13. jimdillon

jimdillon

Doug there are a number of black 62s that I really like including Paris Fish' and Vetrod's 62 that pulls the wheels with the best of them, but if I had to pick one black Vette from the old days that really influenced me it would probably be Alan Patterson.
    Alan Patterson-62-1.jpg

I have other pics of Vetrod's 62 but I cannot find them momentarily but here is a pretty good shot, albeit a bit small-I have a side shot that is comparable to Patterson but it is MIA.
    Jims 62.jpg

14. why do you have to install bigger studs and spacers? disk brake car?

15. 35co31i.jpg vgu8hw (1).jpg

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

still on the market - not mine 20190123_185818.jpg

17. 1934coupe

1934coupe

loudbang and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  18. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Yep.

loudbang likes this.
  19. 1934coupe

1934coupe

With certain wheels made before widespread disk brake manufactured cars, the caliper did not clear the wheel. American torque thrusts where one of those wheels that did not clear. So a spacer was used but in some cases longer stud where required.

Pat

Bowtie Coupe, UNCLECHET and loudbang like this.
  20. makes sense....mines drum in front without problems with 15x4 1/2 wheels

21. I would love to see this one at the track.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452201063.643785.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  22. 409deuce

409deuce

looks like its on its way to a bank robbery

23. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Alan Edwards' Corvette [this is the same car viewed from the inside Post #3781]

Alan Edwards Corvette.....jpg

24. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Alan Edwards' Corvette, moments after blast-off.

Alan Edwards' Corvette, moments after blast-off..jpg

25. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Same car again, but different paint job [even the side pipes have a flame paint job]

Alan Edwards Corvette....jpg

This photo is the same car after it was restored [ I prefer the old warhorse version ]

Alan Edwards Corvette.....now.....PNG

26. jimdillon

jimdillon

6F6A344B-97BD-47D1-AB49-4C41801C0143.jpeg.jpg
    Loveoftiki, cool pic that has been posted before but it sure brings back good memories. I believe the picture is 1969. The yellow 57 is Prontito out of Michigan running in B/G where he won class at Indy in 69. The red 61 is Don's Speed Shop out of Kansas that ran in C/MP. Both are flat out cool.

Here are a couple of pics of Prontito.
    Roger Davenport1.jpg
    Prontito 69 3.jpg

Here is a good pic of Don's Speed Shop. I wish some guys from Kansas could fill us in.
    Don's Sp Shp Sioux City.jpg

27. jimdillon

jimdillon

Just a curiosity with guys that follow this thread (and I assume the thread followers somewhat like the 50s and 60s Vettes) this Rondine 63 was posted on another thread. It is a fuelie so an argument can be made this it is a hotrod (albeit in a different sort of way).
    100207_1.jpg

I see some guys like it but there are guys that are not Corvette fans so that may add into their likes and if the truth be told we all have different opinions of what looks good-no real right or wrong.

I am a real fan of Corvettes that are modified (as long as the modifications do not stray too far) but I also am a huge fan of the Corvette mid year body as designed and built by GM. The body design is a work of art IMO. I have seen some wild mid year customs but have never seen one that I really like.

I appreciate that this Rondine is worth a lot of money and has some Pininfarina DNA but it just doesn't cut it IMO.
    Then they left the interior as stock basically which makes me wonder how much thought went into the whole design.

As much as I like the original Corvettes I do appreciate early Ferraris and am a fan of the other metal bodied Corvettes (3 Scaglietti bodied 59 Vettes made in Italy out of aluminum-Caroll Shelby was involved in this deal to make a number of them but only 3 were finished and all survive). Back in the 80s when I had my shop in San Marcos California, one of the Scaglietti Vettes came up for sale, although it needed a new body (the aluminum was deteriorating along the rocker quite bad as it had come into contact with a steel inner structure I believe). Mike Ernst the 62 Corvette guru had told me about it and I dreamed of buying it but when I found they want $100,000+ and it needed a new body, I knew I would not take it home.

One memory of the night going to look at the car at a shop in the LA area was I got to see Bill Hines do a little lead work as we were walking thru the shop to look at the Vette.

Here are the three Scaglietti Vettes. Chevrolet-Corvette-Scaglietti-Coupe-137499.jpg Scaglietti_Corvette_1959_red1_01.jpg Scaglietti_Corvette_1959_blue_01.jpg
    Scaglietti_Corvette_1959_blue_03.jpg
    Scaglietti_Corvette_1959_red1_04.jpg autowp.ru_corvette_scaglietti_1.jpg

28. loudbang

loudbang

From a video Marty Strode posted in the in motion thread

marty strode in motion a.JPG

marty strode in motion.JPG