Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical You gotta draw the line somewhere. Just where, I don't know.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by F-ONE, Jan 7, 2019.

1. mnjeff

mnjeff

Why put it off till tomorrow when there is always next week?

R A Wrench likes this.
  2. gene-koning

gene-koning

I don't have that problem.......The coupe was thrown together with the thought that maybe I could get a couple of years worth of fun out of it. That was 6 years and 50,000 miles ago!
    After we had driven the coupe for about a year, I picked up the next project that was suppose to replace the coupe, it also was going to be a pretty straight forward build, because the coupe had already reached 1/2 the time I'd expected it would last.

Lets say its a good thing the coupe was a better car then I thought it was going to be, because its replacement isn't ready quite yet. Only need a few more things should do, until I get most of them done, hopefully I'll run out of things to add to the list, at some point...
    Then, all I will have to figure out what I need (or should?) do with the coupe. I'm almost afraid to start on that! Gene

3. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

The Chevrolet rockers increases the rocker ratio giving a stock cam some more duration. It's a bolt on.

There is some debate here. As early 240 and 300 heads have the same part #. Many claim that the early 240 head has smaller chambers, increasing compression.

4. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

I should have been more clear. I wrote that with brevity and I see it's a hard read. I should have said.

By my manual, the compression specifications for a 1965 Ford car 240CID six cylinder is 150PSI.

I agree that the engine is in good shape so there's no need to tear it down.