Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods need pics 55-7 Chev p.u. hood latch panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Jan 19, 2019.

1. ...does anyone have pics of the hood latch panel in a 55-7 Chevy pickup?..I have these pieces but not sure how they assemble as the truck was all apart when I got it.
    ...does the angled panel that the latch bolts to go on the top of the core support as shown?...where does the flat panel go?
    Thanks
    55 chev pu latch 003.jpg 55 chev pu latch 001.jpg 55 chev pu latch 002.jpg

2. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Yes it bolts on top like you have it . That is correct for the 6 cylinder core support position. The flat piece is a V8 core support spacer it moves the core support back for the factory V8 installation if you look at the bottom of your inner fenders you will see two sets of holes

3. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I usually use the 6 cylinder position as most trucks were 6s , and it gives you room for long water pumps ,accesories etc..and big blocks:D

4. catdad49

catdad49

Get in touch with swade41 on here, he has tri-5 truck.

swade41 likes this.

5. Unfortunately I don't have any photos handy

6. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Also looks like your truck has a 1st gen camaro clip or 68 and up nova....so depending on your engine mount location your most likely gonna want to use 6cyl set up and discard the V8 spacer.

7. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Like others said, the flat piece goes on top of the angled piece going rearward on trucks with V8’s. It winds up having similar core supports. You will see on the inner fender an angled area with weld nuts where the second supports bolts in. There is also a different lower splash pan used on the V8 set ups.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Thanks a bunch everyone,..now it makes sense ,..I am runnin a late model inline six so the core support fits well in that position.
    ...lumpy. you've got a good eye on the front clip....
    thanks again.

lumpy 63 likes this.