Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 Chevy Pickup Seat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Capt. Morgan, May 30, 2006.

1. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan

Howdy,
    I am working on a 56 chevy pickup. I am having trouble finding an original bench seat to replace the crappy buckets somebody else put in it. Has anyone had experience retro fitting a seat out of another donor? Would a S10 seat work or other midsize trucks? I am needing the frame and whole shabang. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Morg.

2. squirrel

squirrel

I've seen some 88-98 full size chevy pickup bench seats put in the old trucks, seems to work ok.

I have a 56 pickup seat frame in my yard...they can't be THAT hard to find...

3. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Have used leather 6 way w/ armrest Eldo or Lincoln seats in many early trucks. Width is just right.

4. I have a friend up here that used Lumina seats in his 55 cheby pickup.

5. squirrel

squirrel

The width is right, but the thickness isn't, I had one in my pickup and was scrunched up too close to the dash. The 88-98 pickup seats are very thin, so there's still some legroom with them.

6. Brown Devil

Brown Devil
    from Mission Tx

I am using a Dakota bench seat in my '50 Chevy pu works good.The 88-93 Chevy pu seat also works in the AD's but it is up against the doors.If your pu is at least 1-2 inches wider it should work for you.The S-10 seat bottom has a taper towards the back and the Dakota does not.

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan

Thanks! I'll check this out. I think I know where to lay hands on some early 90's.

8. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan

Thanks for this info too. It's good to have options.

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I got a 89 chevy full size pickup seat in my 56 chevy truck. fits great and feels good

10. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

I know where a stock 57 chevy seat is if your interested. Pm sent.