Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How to afford an older station wagon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jan 12, 2019.

1. LOOKING good! Bruce.

2. Hot Rods, I totally agree with every thing you said.Thanks Bruce.

3. sunbeam

sunbeam

4. Latigo

Latigo

Hi Bruce. Good to see you up and about. Maybe try making a deal with your wife. If one doesn’t eat and the other goes naked you’ll be there in no time.

raven and Bruce Fischer like this.
  5. RDR

RDR

Happy New Year Bruce,
    Best of Luck on your surgery and on your quest for the right wagon.
    I have been looking for the 3 grille bars for my '56 Chrysler, uh, you wouldn't happen to have any extras in your treasure trove, would you? Only suggesting to get you started on parts out ca$h in...
    Anyway, we are ALL with you..take care.
    Randy

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  6. RDR, sorry I just have little things left like brakes and a ash tray ect.Thanks Bruce.

7. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Like the above responders/suggestions : WORD OF MOUTH & NETWORK!! Every person you ask/tell about what you're looking for becomes another set of eyes in your favor, & if you only have 5% call-backs from your contacts, eventually one of them will "find" the diamond you are looking for!! Don't give up : IT WILL HAPPEN!!

8. jazz1

jazz1

I obviously have to learn how to navigate Facebook. My last 2 projects and my daily driver I bought off EBay
    I have Facebook acct but ignore all friend requests, won’t use it for social networking.

Bruce Fischer and anthony myrick like this.
  9. upspirate

upspirate

Just go there and click on marketplace....I scroll though, but you can search at the top or just scroll through vehicles section. Not quite as easy as CL, but it seems to get a lot of traffic and I save stuff, look often and stuff seems to sell

10. Join the marketplace
    Skip the social bs

Bruce Fischer and upspirate like this.
  11. We all will keep an eye open for you and your search Bruce.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

12. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

good luck on your surgery and car search!

13. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I don't want to hurt your feelings Bruce but if you go this route I hope you are the one that don't eat:D

Bruce Fischer and NashRodMan like this.
  14. ME TOO. LOL.Bruce.

15. Hi Bruce,

This link should take you directly to the Marketplace! Hope it works

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/113164272030475?ref=feed_rhc&fb_dtsg_ag=AQzH-LyGAVQxX-W8564le3pfiCljxYbmogxIfsIgQRbZlg:AQzmtaNDZf6IpRo8E6Ze_2tPqEJTclUnHUJuN3COBklwEg&jazoest=28144

When I click on it, it takes me to stuff that is closest to me, but I think once you do a search, it will default to your area first but is Not limited to just that area!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

Bruce Fischer and jim snow like this.
  16. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have found the best way to afford a wagon is to not sell one that you had,I bought a 65 Country Squire off the original owner and sold it a few years ago and now wishing I had not. You should have kept that 56 Buick wagon like I should have kept mine,I can afford another now.