Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 'Til her daddy takes the T-bird away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 18, 2019.

1. I saw this photo this morning and the old Beach Boys song came to mind. HRP

5638486729_dcd2235a1e_o.jpg

Deuces, 3W JOHN, mgtstumpy and 13 others like this.
  2. 1/4 panel on a 55 T -Bird.

About $4500.00 for a N.O.S. quarter today. Expensive cars to play with. Ask me how I know.

Oldmics

loudbang, Deuces, 3W JOHN and 4 others like this.
  3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Looks like someone I know. My daughter as a teen and in her twenties was always speeding.
    She cried her way out of a ticket every time.
    This daddy didn’t know about it for years later.
    Didn’t catch her racing around but I did take her 68 stang away when she pulled out and t-boned a car at an intersection.

4. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

My dad sends me that song just about every other week as a reminder the titles still in his name, usually with the phrase “throw he in for she and you know what will happen if you get a speeding ticket”

Deuces, 3W JOHN, HunterYJ and 2 others like this.

5. 2935ford

2935ford

So, that day, the T Bird got taken away?

6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Wonder how the cop car looked. ;)

Deuces, HOTRODPRIMER and 3W JOHN like this.
  7. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

The 1/4 panel needs a lot of work. LOL

8. looks like Patty Duke. images.jpeg

Deuces, HOTRODPRIMER, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  9. Steve Norton

Steve Norton

10. Latigo

Latigo

Playing out in the shop yesterday and had a Beach Boys CD on listening to that song. Always brings back memories of a cute blond in high school who drove one. She was a couple of years older but.......that’s another story.

11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad story for sure but as I hear it her grandma was always disappointed by her son's actions that day. When the grand mother passed she bequeathed to her grand daughter the shiny red mopar that she had stashed in a rickety old garage behind her house, somewhere in Pasadena as I recall. All's well that ends well.
    upload_2019-1-18_12-21-45.png

12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Deuces, HOTRODPRIMER, 3W JOHN and 3 others like this.
  13. me too. also looks like Donna Reed. donnareed1.jpeg

14. daliant

daliant

I guess she couldn't cry her way out of that ticket.

15. [​IMG]

Curt had a thing for a certain blond in a tbird. HRP

Black_Sheep, ffr1222k, Deuces and 7 others like this.
  16. 6sally6

6sally6

THAT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^was exactly what I was think'in!
    6sally6

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep - a beauty in a beauty - had a girlfriend in High School that borrowed her Dad's T-Bird on a regular basis for us to go to the Library at night - Ha! - we were studying very liberal arts

18. flatford39

flatford39

Liberal arts was my major in College. Met a lot of girls but never one in a 55 Bird. Some guys are just luckier than others.

19. as long as we are discussing beach boys songs.....which would win , the T-Bird the 327 or the 413?

20. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

She's OK, a bit mousy and prim. Don't see her hopping in your hot rod. Patty yes, in a heartbeat.

21. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

The movie AG freeked me out in a really good way,be side it being of my early early 60s in many ways. This shot in the movie is way too spooky close to a blond girl I dated at Miami High. Her Daddy had given her a 57 white Bird with pink an white seats he had put in. Some times she let me drive the bird,so we didn't take my hot rod. Carlean Bean was a really hot but cool gal,lost track when she left for collage. Never can not think of her when seeing AG an this..

22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Yeah but like most of us he wound up here, back of a VW.

[​IMG]

23. gene-koning

gene-koning

Weren't many 55-57 T birds around by the time I got to high school in the early 70s.
    The blond in the 68 Sport Satellite caught my eye. We are still married, will be 43 years in May. Gene

Lil32, Deuces, dana barlow and 7 others like this.
  24. I was also blow away because no one was making that type of movie, something that appealed to guys like us.

Brenda & I went to the theater to see American Graffiti when it premiered here and we both enjoyed the movie but the real thrill was when we left the theater and headed to our truck and there were a bunch of people standing around it, we had the only hot rod in the parking lot and several people thought it was a prop for the movie.

We talked to the people for a long time and most were oblivious to the fact that there were several hot rods around town, our club had about 10 cars on the road and several others in the works.

I honestly believe this movie was a shot in the arm that help hot rods & customs make a resurgence along with the nsra's show's around the country. HRP

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    egads, Deuces, dana barlow and 2 others like this.
  25. 15ASedan

15ASedan

From the Hot Rod Coalition car show June 2018

2018hrc183-Edit.jpg

loudbang, Deuces, dana barlow and 2 others like this.
  26. I guess Marilyn's sugar daddy took her Tbird away. HRP

image-1343556-860_poster_16x9-gqgi-1343556.jpg

27. philo426

philo426

We're the Kelsey Hayes wire rims optional on the 56 Tbird?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Several years ago while at Crusin’ The Coast in Biloxi there was a white 57 T Bird with no top with a very good looking blond in it. She was only one in car and and was waving at everyone. Saw her several times that night and each time “till daddy took the t bird away” was blasting from the car. She came around enough everyone would cheer.

HOTRODPRIMER and Deuces like this.
  29. Danny, I don't have a T bird story. But when I saw AG for the first time. We were on a double date with my friend {Willy}, and his date {Becky}. We were still in high school at the time. He was driving his red and white 58 Chevrolet that night. At the time we knew it was a {car movie}. But had no idea, about the 58, or how cool the movie would be. We got the same response as you did, as we came out of the theater. But the funny thing was. My date that night{ Vicky } was a cheerleader, and owed a VERY NICE 58 Chevrolet Brookwood wagon. It had a 348, A/C, auto, baby blue and white. I dated her a few times. I then bought the wagon off her. We broke up soon after.:eek: I wish I'd kept her! The wagon, not the girl.;)lol Ron.....