Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. farmer12

farmer12

WOW, that all really sucks! Hang in there Steve!

Stogy and 1959Nomad like this.
  2. raidmagic

raidmagic

Any updates on Steve?

Stogy likes this.
  3. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Not from me. I've been quite unwell myself and haven't spoken with him for a while.
    Life isn't easy sometimes.
    I'll put in a call this week and report back.
    Maybe someone else has heard from him

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Young wife and I sent a prayer. Would love to hear of a 'miracle' to come of all this, my wife is an 'optimist'. So am I, sometimes...mainly immediately following some occurance like the ending of "It's a Wonderful Life"...

Stogy, rodncustomdreams and 1959Nomad like this.
  5. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

well shit..... 86 pages of rollercoaster. i wish you some clear thoughts and to find the time to enjoy the things you have to enjoy. you are a truly talented individual! i cant say enough how impressive this thread has been just as everyone else has. i sure hope you find a way to finish the 47, what a journey, its so close to being the end vision, building a car is like having and raising a kid! get that thing finished and featured in some mags! it and you deserve to be immortalized just as much as any of the legends... wish you the best

6. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

I've been in contact with Steve and about all that I'll say for now is that he is still dealing with major health issues.
    When I have any info that he wants me to pass on to you folks I certainly will.

7. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

somebody or a group of somebodys should do it to assist him if he doesnt, anybody know somebody at hot rod or rods and customs? can we get this guy featured? i know its everyones dream and many of us wont achieve it, some have some more than once. 86 pages of badass story is what this thread is and its far cooler than 60% of the stories i read in magazines. if i wasnt stuck in stay at home with the 20 month old status id be offering to take a trip to canadia

Stogy likes this.
  8. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

That is a great idea....
    I haven't visited him as much as maybe others have, but seeing the transformation that his creations have undergone over the years has been very interesting and inspirational.
    When I saw the roof and back section from the coupe to be put on the 4 door, I smiled and thought... go for it.
    He did!
    He's worked with very few tools and made stuff from nuthin' (like many of us do) and does it well.

Update: He just texted me and said that he will try to send some pictures to me to post, when he is up to it.
    I guess he has managed to do a little puttering around for "therapy".
    When I get them I will post them asap.

9. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

i wrote a request to hot rod magazine and linked this thread, idk if theyll actually read it but worth a try. maybe if others do the same it will get their attention

10. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Gizmo Joe- please let Steve know that all here are praying for him and hoping to see him back at
    work on this amazing project. I am not even a custom guy and followed this project in awe.

11. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Nice!

12. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

I certainly will.

13. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Thanks for the update Gizmo Joe.
    Steve's work has inspired many of us to "go for it" on our projects and do all we can with limited resources, trying things that stretch our skills.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  14. raidmagic

raidmagic

Thanks for the update.

Stogy and rodncustomdreams like this.
  15. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

I just got these from Steve.... the current state of the project.:(
    He wrote: "To be continued I hope..."

Attached Files:

16. Tucked away for warmer and happier times.. As many have said before, this is an inspiring and sometimes sad tale. Hoping the best and improved health for Steve.

Dave

OahuEli, LBCD, drdave and 4 others like this.
  17. RDR

RDR

Wow Steve, Sorry to hear of your health issues ! Pretty much got off the HAMB about 4 years ago when the format changed and couldn't figure out how to navigate. Come back to your great thread and now this...Am hoping with everyone else for you to keep on keeping on, with better days ahead.

Stogy, 1959Nomad, drdave and 3 others like this.
  18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

It takes a strong willed person to accomplish what Steve has and I truly believe in him. Looking forward to more!

Stogy, 1959Nomad and Kroombit like this.
  19. 55Delivery

55Delivery
    from Canada

Hello All,

I'm Steve's brother and he asked me to provide an update for all the subscribers on this thread. He apologizes for not keeping up with the thread, but as you all know, life has been complicated and difficult for the past few years. He's been reluctant to get on to any type of public forum because of the divorce proceedings, etc. Both of us would like to thank each and everyone of you who took the time to send your best wishes for his health issues. It really means a lot to our family to know that there are so many people out there that care. I showed our mom this thread one time and she was blown away by the number of replies that it has and how many of you have such good things to say about his work. Now that that's out of the way....

Life is starting to look up for him in several key ways. The most important is that his health has slowly been improving over the past year. He and his doctors are weaning him off most of the medication that he's been taking, especially the opioids , which has likely been doing more harm than good. He is having much better results with THC and CBD oil treatments. He will never be truly "healthy" again, but if his quality of life can improve in any small way, it will make a big difference for him.

He had been living with our mom for just about a year, which was difficult because there isn't much garage space for him and he needs to keep moving to avoid deteriorating further. Fortunately this past February, we were able to find him a small place that he can call his own, which he has now moved into. There is an acre of land, a mobile home and a two car garage for him to putter in. The house and garage need a lot of work, but over time we will get it fixed up for him. I'm going down to Nova Scotia in October (I live in Ontario, about a thousand miles away) to get as much of the renovation work done as I can in a month. Needless to say he's really happy to have his own place, I'm hoping that it will help with his health to finally have something to be happy about! Good mental health can make a huge difference on ones physical health. Now if only he can get the divorce settled, but that's a different story and I'm not wanting to bring any negatives vibes to this post!

As for the '47, it's been safely stored since he was forced out of the home that he bought and we are hoping for it to be home before the snow flies this year. He promises that he WILL finish this thread and the car and that he will also start new threads for all of his projects which he hopes to get to in the coming years.

Thanks again!

20. 55Delivery

55Delivery
    from Canada

20190728_105818.jpg

Got the '55 moved to the new location back in July.

Outback, LBCD, Peanut 1959 and 8 others like this.
  21. Always glad to see good things happen to great people. God bless you, and your family. Those that are lucky to be loved like that, can damn well do anything. I'm very happy to hear some good news, coming his way. He certainly deserves it.

22. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Best Wishes.Thoughts and Prayers for all.

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Positive Thoughts and that's brotherly love at it's finest...thanks for sharing that Hamber @55Delivery...Give Steve the High Five for us...;)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  24. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the update! It is so great to hear that Steve's health and life have stabilized somewhat and that he has something to be positive about and focus on. Please let him know that he has a whole bunch of people pulling for him and praying for him. I look forward to seeing him post here again in the future and letting us all share in his projects!

God bless,

Steve

25. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Thank you for the encouraging news.

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Right here @koolkemp...a little Flashing Icon Your Way...;)

27. great news.... life it's like a wheel, sometimes it's buried in the mud but with just a slight rotation, it's in the sunlight again......

28. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Yeah, great news indeed. Good to hear that everything is getting better. I guess non car people can never understand this statement, but i think that new garage will make life even better. Because working with something you like is a good thing for your body and mind. Good luck with everything!

29. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Hope life continues on an upward trend for Steve, as for the divorce time will get that pain to fade
    also. Been there, twice, and both later tried to reconnect. I have moved on, Steve sounds like he will also. Thank you for the update.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  30. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Steve, keep at it man, we gotta finish that car!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019