Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Coolest Old Thing You've Found In An Old Car?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Evil Emery, May 4, 2018.

1. Bought a '68 Dodge wagon from an older couple back in the 90's. I had previously bought a '63 Plymouth wagon from them, and like the Plymouth, everything in the interior was covered in clear plastic when it was new. The Dodge was his car (the Plymouth hers). He had moved the rear armrests to the front doors so he could put change in the ashtrays. I was pulling the armrest off the driver's door to remove all the plastic and under the ashtray was 2 $100 bills from the 70's folded up. I went back to give them back to the couple and she said, laughing, "I knew he always hid money from me!" Sure enough, it was his stash and he had long since forgotten about it. They were a funny couple.

2. touring20

touring20

In my 1920 Willys touring I found a 1936 silver quarter .

Okie Pete likes this.
  3. 59Tele

59Tele

biggeorge likes this.
  4. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Usually mouse turds, pack rat goodies and dead animal skeletons.

5. touring20

touring20

A 1931 Essex roadster body ! Very unusual and
    Artfully designed to spendy Though !

biggeorge likes this.
  6. PhilA

PhilA
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Hydro Tech

I guess I come in last place, because all I found in my Pontiac was a small wooden spoon (Like you'd get with a paper cup of ice cream).

Okie Pete and biggeorge like this.
  7. One Bad Pig

One Bad Pig

In my 1937 Willys I found a drive in ticket from 1952.

Okie Pete likes this.
  8. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Colt .45 ACP. Inside of a non stock pocket in the rear seat armrest.

9. willys54

willys54

'54 Silver Quarter under the seat of my '54 Ford Customline.

Okie Pete and biggeorge like this.
  10. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Great big bag of pretty good smoke ...

VANDENPLAS, Okie Pete and woodsnwater like this.
  11. brasscarguy

brasscarguy
    from seattle

I used to buy rebuildable cars at the insurance salvage pool back in the early 80's. I found lots of clothing and tools but 2 things stand out in my memory.

A very nice 17 shot 9mm Glock under the front seat of a Cadillac Eldorado. Clip was full and 1 in the chamber. Still have it.

I bought a 1950 Ford Woodie theft recovery quite nice and not wrecked. Under the rear seat Was a shopping bag and it was stuffed full of Nordstrom's hi end lingerie all with the tags still on. Turned out my then wifes size, so for a couple of years she got fine lingerie for birthdays and Christmas and of course Valentines day. Boy was I a hero.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

SS327, Ford52PU, Okie Pete and 2 others like this.
  12. A good rust free floor. :D

Okie Pete and Spooky like this.
  14. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Many years ago I bought a '64 Rambler American I still have. In great shape but full paint. I did the prep, primer, painted it at home...turned out fine. Only thing was like most Americans missing the hood emblem. Good luck finding one!
    Then I noticed a lump under flooring, drivers side. When I removed flooring there was an NOS one, perfect, apparently dropped on the assembly line![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Spooky, tommyd, chevy57dude and 3 others like this.
  15. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

$%&^# spellchecker! Dull...not full paint

Okie Pete and 1morecarIpromise! like this.
  16. cpldale

cpldale
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Naples, FL

Either way, dull or full, you're a lucky guy!

sevenhills1952 likes this.
  17. noboD

noboD

In 2003 a friend bought a '15 Dodge Brothers at Hershey. While we were looking it over a live rat ran through the interior. He had burrowed paths through the leather seats to get where he wanted to go. We tried to get him out of the car but no dice. He had been locked in an enclosed trailer for two weeks before making the trip from Kansas to Hershey. We hauled the car on an open trailer to my house about 2 miles away. Surely he will jump out? No way. I had to shoot him with bird shot to get him out of the car. There was a FULL five gallon bucket full of corn, acorns, and rat shit in the car.

18. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

When I took the old seat covers off my 67 GTO I found a 67 quarter and a golf tee with the Pontiac emblem on it. They are now in the ash tray.

Okie Pete, BigO, egads and 1 other person like this.
  19. A 2 B

A 2 B
    from SW Ontario

ed797c00d04984def47c12fd98b12d0e.jpg I could post in this thread many times, having found many items in several cars. The same AV8 (the 1894 A) that I found the old cover band photo in (different thread I think) had dual early Chrysler Imperial mufflers on it. They are better than 2 ft long each and were filled to capacity with acorns. They must have weighed 30lbs each.
    The same car had some great body work (bondo) covering an old Michigan license plate that was screwed over a good sized hole, caused from getting rear ended, I assume, at some point. Not readily noticeable A 6.jpg in the pic.
    Oh yeah, in the trunk, there was also a 1 foot tall steel rooster that was cut out with a torch from steel plate. That rooster now resides in our garden.
    Nothing much surprises me anymore.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  20. C’mon...you guys are slipping. He says he found a 12 inch cock in the trunk, and not one smart-ass comment?!? That’s it, I give up. :)

21. cpldale

cpldale
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Naples, FL

We were waiting to see who would be the first to "bite" on it! Congratulations, you're the winner!

neatoldclassics likes this.
  22. sololobo

sololobo

I bought a 53 Mercury to do a fix and flip in the early 60’s. When removing the spare tire I found a 22 caliber lever action small rifle. It was a Winchester special edition, I gave it to one of my Dad’s friends who was a collector. It was way cool.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few years back, I helped a buddy drag home a $100 absolute junk '59 Ford Station Wagon. It was a 3 speed car and he needed the pedals & linkage to convert his Ranchero to a 4 speed.
    The Wagon was filled to the windows with junk & garbage, so as he's pulling shit out of the car (a metal pile & a burn pile) he tossed a box into the burn pile that, as a toy collector, I immediately recognized. A 1966 Hess Voyager Ship in the box. The box was dirty & moldy, but the ship was in beautiful condition. Told him I'd sell it for him and we split the profit. Got $900 for it. He shit his pants when I handed him $450
    0.56.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  24. 38bill

38bill
    from Minnesota

Not cool but my mother purchased a new Chevy convertible in the early 60's. She brought it home with just a couple of miles on the odometer and of course I went nuts over it inspecting every nook and cranny. I found drive-in theater ticket stubs, stuff from an A&W drive-in as well as some other junk. Was Mom ever pissed off! She went right down and took her trade-in back just as it was being sold. Turned out the "new" car had been loaned out during the big, city wide summer celebration. They found her another car pretty fast after that.

Okie Pete, Ford52PU, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  25. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Years ago (80s) wife bought a 72 GTO for $700 because the owner and friends couldn't get it started. We brought jack and tools, found they didn't have starter solenoid wire connected and points were glazed. We checked fluids, got it running, gave them $700, got title and headed down their long dirt road.
    We could see them running after us in mirror yelling "stop! Come back!"
    I told wife we paid cash, got the title, why stop? At home we found what it was. In glove box was a bong and big bag of pot.

SS327, Okie Pete, Ford52PU and 3 others like this.
  26. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Found this wrench directly in the hole you see behind it. It was wedged between the wood subfloor and the steel top floor. 42-46 Ford PU bed converted to a trailer.
    [​IMG]

tommyd, Okie Pete, Ford52PU and 4 others like this.
  27. 20221024_130906.jpg 20221024_130947.jpg 20221024_130940.jpg
    Anyone know what this tool is for? Found in a farm truck.
    It's like a sword, stick it in something and pull the release to deploy the "teeth ". To pick something out of a hole?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    lothiandon1940 and Okie Pete like this.
  28. scotts52

scotts52

29. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

30. in my '57 Ford Fairlane 500 sedan I've found numerous 1970s NOS auto-lite points, a 1960s era Alabama Spartans pin(never even seen another one), a pencil from the Lincoln mill down in Alabama, a (used to be) new master cylinder rebuild kit, and a unique keyfob, "Hershel's Red Barn, Piedmont Alabama" seems to have been an appliance store, no record of its existence sadly.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    Okie Pete likes this.