Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest any info on this dick lahie car, glass chariot 1966

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rd martin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

looking for magazine article, more pics, any in info with more pics would be helpful. if your digging threw your old magazines from 1966 and ya find anything please contact me. thanks rich Dick Lahaie's Glass Chariot built around a Logghe chassis..jpg

loudbang, stanlow69, Hombre and 4 others like this.
  2. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

I know dick was pretty tight lipped on his cars, didn't want secrets to get out.im not sure if there ever was an article done on the car or not.i would like to see some good pics of the car if anybody has some. thanks for any info.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Try contacting Tony Tierney at 1-586-630-9697. Tony is the nephew of the late Pancho Rendon. Pancho was Dick's partner in the LaHie and Rendon top fuel car. Pancho was also the partner in the Tom Prock, and Pancho Rendon Plymouth Duster funny car. the funny car was called The Detroit ?
    .I can't remember the last part of the name. Anyhow, when Pancho passed away a few years ago, everything that Pancho had went to Tony. another person to check with is Al Bergler.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    alphabet soup, loudbang and Hombre like this.
  4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

thanks nick, I know tony, never throught about him, I new poncho, and I know al. I will have to make a few calls, what im looking for are some pics of that chassis. thanks

loudbang likes this.

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

yea I know all of them, I will give tony a call. looking for pics of that chassis. poncho had the detriot tigers funny.

loudbang and Jalopy Joker like this.
  6. not sure about the digger....but I know where the same green 1957 Olds is sitting in a yard - still pretty nice....

loudbang likes this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

This it? Got it off the web no further info. :)

21.jpg

8. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

I don't believe that's the same car. I appreciate you digging this up.

loudbang likes this.
  9. loudbang

loudbang

10. Jtyner

Jtyner

I know that 1n 1972 -1973 this car was owned by the brother of my friend. His name was Bob Anderson, lived in Lansing Michigan on what is now ferguson street by Sparrow Hospital. Thats all I know, been a few years ago. I did get to sit in it on a few occassions

Hutkikz, stanlow69 and Driver50x like this.