Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration thoughts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

twenty years now since losing my son to a car accident.
    Yes time really does heal.
    It’s amazing how parents who have lost children have an unspoken bond of love and concern.
    You all have my prayers.

AHotRod and loudbang like this.
  2. catdad49

catdad49

Carl, sharing these memories is a big part of your healing process. Be Strong and don't ever turn away from them, but sharing here and with Family will help you deal with the pain.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  3. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

It's been 31 years since I lost my daughter to Cancer at age 11, I know you are hurting but I take it one day at a time. My eyes still sweat when I think of her. I feel bad because I always wonder if it was something I brought back from Nam. Frank

loudbang likes this.
  4. v8flat44

v8flat44

Carl, know how you feel, as we lost our youngest in 08 to drugs. Prayer & good friends sure help.
    You have my deepest sympathy........................mike

loudbang likes this.
  5. v8flat44

v8flat44

Frank, it wasn't from Nam.....bad things happen to GOOD people in this world. I am paraphrasing what Jesus said here. He also said" be of good cheer, I have overcome the world". I know a little girl who was born with cancer, none of the family have a clue why..................nuff said. My heart goes out to you too. Thanks so much for your service!!!!!!!! mike

6. Marty S

Marty S
    from kentucky

Carl, my sincerest condolences. And, to everyone who's experienced such pain.......Thank You for reminding the rest of us to hold our children tightly, make amends if needed, and never miss the opportunity to tell them just how much they mean to us.
    God bless all of you.

loudbang likes this.
  7. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I lost my son to a car accident in 2007. He was out of high school one week.Prefect car guy!

loudbang likes this.
  8. I understand your loss. We lost a child 35 years ago, and although we don't feel the pain so much any more, we still feel the loss. I think your being able to share your loss and the memory of your son is a noble thing.
    Bob

loudbang likes this.
  9. Im sorry for are your losses.
    I read the post and held my 9yo son as he slept..
    Thank you.
    Be strong dads.

10. 6inarow

6inarow

Dang Sorry. Peace

loudbang likes this.
  11. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

So sorry for your loss Carl. One of my son's came close to taking his life not too long ago and it shook me to the core. Thankfully a system was in place in Idaho and he received the right care at the right time. May God give you strength and peace.

Sam

loudbang likes this.
  12. Smiffy

Smiffy

Thank you for sharing Carl showing us what really matters and learning to appreciate what we have.

loudbang likes this.
  13. Hey Carl

I try to remember the fun days...the songs that were on the radio...the smells that rekindle the good time memories...the sounds that bring it all back too...some of their sayings make me smile too...time will heal but yes it never goes away...

May inner peace be with you...

MikeC

loudbang likes this.
  14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My heart goes out to all y’all. Beautiful sentiments Carl, wonderful tribute.
    Heard it said: “It helped me when I realized that losing him was not the worst thing that could have happened. Never having him in my life at all would be the worst thing .”
    Never having suffered such a horrendous loss, I don’t know. I suspect that no words can ease the pain. But especially in a format like this, that’s all we have.

loudbang likes this.
  15. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

carl, we have talked alittle before while you were building your digger.hang in there bud. I also have lost a daughter. as said many times, its the worst thing that can happen to a parent. the only thing that kept my sanity is this car hobby. I went out in my shop and built a car. you have to think of the good times you had. and it looks like you had a bunch. keep positive, keep moving, don't look back anymore than you have to. time helps.dont get stuck in a chair.

Kan Kustom and loudbang like this.
  16. Thank you all for all the comments and thoughts, Sat went well with his favorite...............
    20190112_144749.jpg

20190112_145506.jpg
    Image1.jpg

And of course the family gathering, guess who owns the Vans.............................

20190112_150147.jpg

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  17. Carl...and RickyBop - you both have had hard losses....and I feel for you guys. I think of one (early GTO) school buddy who died of an enlarged heart and my other (we skipped school to ride our dirt bikes) that took his life both before we hit 20....think they're with me all the time just riding.

18. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry, God bless.

19. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

God bless you and yours Carl. Lippy

20. rgdavid

rgdavid

Your tribute is proof of ever lasting love,
    Never stop loving,
    I really i hope one day you can smile or even have a little laugh of the good times you shared,
    Be strong, healing hugs from david in france,

21. God bless your whole family!