Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can anybody school me on this old Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by midnightrider78, Jan 10, 2019.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

I bought a Chevy Sedan Delivery rear door at Hershey a few years ago just because it was there and I had the money. I sold it and made a few bucks, maybe the same deal will happen with the missing door to this Ford. Bob

2. scotts52

scotts52

@Cowtown is who you want to ask. He's the guy that picked one up in Montana and either dose or did have an extra door I believe.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    midnightrider78 likes this.
  3. scotts52

scotts52

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

If you're any good at fiberglass, you could make a wood mold and pop out a fiberglass door. Then you could frame it with wood or steel.

charleyw and nochop like this.
  5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yep and a set of NOS fenders. trailer-Ed replied in the thread that he has an extra door as well.

6. HotrodHR

HotrodHR

Did the OP buy this vehicle? Inquiring minds want to know...

BTW, I would buy that SD if it was in my neck of the woods... go look at it, bring cash and if you want it make an offer. Maybe you can bundle it with other stuff he has available.

warhorseracing likes this.
  7. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

I'm supposed to go look at it sometime in the next week or so. Just depends when the owner is available.

loudbang likes this.
  8. tobias1954

tobias1954
    from Norway

A pre '48 Ford vehicle with clean title for 1200 dollars - just get it. And worry about the rear door later, yes only one door on these. It should have a steel floor that follows the frame like on the sedan (or woodie) and a wooden (plywood), flat floor on top of that.

loudbang and flatford39 like this.
  9. Cowtown

Cowtown

After much searching I do have a couple of extra rear doors. I might sell one of them.

10. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

just a couple extra rear doors?

loudbang and HunterYJ like this.
  11. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

got a couple extra 1930 cords sitting around too?

loudbang likes this.
  12. Cowtown

Cowtown

I have 3 extra rear doors. I'am also the guy that got scammed for $700.00 on a rear door from a guy in California.

loudbang likes this.
  13. Cowtown

Cowtown

Oliver, Maybe You should look at my previous posts before you start shooting your mouth off!

Irish Mike likes this.
  14. Did you ever get anything for that?

loudbang likes this.
  15. Cowtown

Cowtown

NO, Nothing ever became of it. The guy was real good. He even gave me the exact measurements. He got $700.00 richer and I got $700.00 education.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Cowtown

Cowtown

So where is Cameron. My family came from Marlinton, WV.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

-skipping the thread so sorry if I’m an echo but almost no 46 stuff is reproduced when it comes to trim etc. it’s all 47-8 stuff. I’d take a good inventory before I bit on it

18. I think that will be a good buy....I think sedan deliveries and wagons share rear fenders...I have a 46 wagon.....

loudbang likes this.
  19. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

needs some rot repair from the fr bumper all the way up over the headlight ,I would not get to giddy on that one.

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There isn't enough left of that fender to call a fender when you save and enlarge the photo. That might not be a deal killer but sure would make me inspect it close all over and see how much more of it is cancered out. With no windows and possibly being under water at some times where it appears to have been sitting for quite a while rust would scare more than missing parts. The fender is just buy another and bolt it on but floors take work and if the frame is as bad as the fender that could be an issue Still even with buying the back door and a front fender you should be in under 3 k for a pretty nifty sedan delivery if the body is solid.
    46 Delivery_LI.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Can you point out any rot in the door bottom, rocker, or rear wheel when you enlarge the photo?

Bob

22. squirrel

squirrel

this is the full size image, but cropped so you see it bigger on the screen.

46sd.jpg

Chrisbcritter likes this.
  23. The37Kid

The37Kid

If this SD was an hour drive away from any HAMB member it would have been in their driveway by now. Bob

24. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

My eyes are not what they use to but are you sure that's rot or was the fender painted black at one time. I have seen some pretty roached out 42 to 48 fords and have never seen a fender rot out like that! Larry

loudbang, Tim and The37Kid like this.
  25. squirrel

squirrel

the dark spots on the fender look like the remains of the dark paint that was on it? but I might be seeing things.

let us know how it works out. It's a neat car.

The37Kid and 0NE BAD 51 MERC like this.
  26. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

That was what I was thinking too. I'll try to take some pics when I get over there as I'm pretty sure he has 1 or 2 other HAMB friendly vehicles he will sell.

loudbang likes this.
  27. The name on the door is M.B. Freeman, but I couldn't blow the picture enough to see the printing in the logo. I think if the base of the SD was rotted out, it would show at the base of the driver's door, and the bottom of the door looks pretty good.
    I hope you get the truck.
    Bob

loudbang and midnightrider78 like this.
  28. raven

raven

What you guys a bunch of whiners? The part of this SD that unobtanium is salvageable. Front fenders for a 46 Ford? Frame for a 46-8 Ford? They could be totally rotten and a hurricane with 180 mph winds wouldn’t beat me there to buy this truck/car. Fenders and frames can be had easily. The rear door is already found as is the missing fender. Even if the rear door was missing, why not build it out of wood like an old woody would have? Or build a mold a make a glass door. Hey, if you did that, you could get a return on your investment by making a few extras to sell. I’ve seen real talent here on the HAMB over the years and know a few of the guys with that talent. A lot more has been built from a lot less. Now get off your duff, quit whining about how hard it would be to resurrect this sedan and go build something.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

29. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Exactly, Bob, if that thing was anywhere near me it would be mine. In a New York minute. $1200.00? I'm not sure I'd even dicker at that price, and I could title it here since it already has one. Ol' me and that thing would probably become best friends really fast.

The37Kid and loudbang like this.
  30. ..... yep. You could also buy Cowtown's more solid and complete .... iffen' you don't want to be hammering dents, fixing rust and etcs. Cowtown's is for sale, here in the classifieds.

The37Kid, loudbang and s55mercury66 like this.