Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 Allstate Vert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrblack30, Oct 3, 2007.

1. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Allstates are pretty Rare.... that Skyline looks like a take off from the Darrin..

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

was the fins designed to stabilize the car from swaying?? :D ..

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the windshield and glass looks a lot like a 49-52 Chevy 'vert on the second one

4. Just a little update on this car. It still sits in the same spot. A little deeper in the ground with more cow shit around it. The owner is now confined to a power wheel chair as he has been battling Lou Gerrigs disease for 25 years. He is also on Oxygen and the Hospice nurses are at his house daily. Doctors gave him 6 months, that was 9 months ago. He is now doing better today that 6 months ago. I asked about the cars and motors and such, his answer " not for sale , gonna fix her up some day"

I just shake my head and change the subject.

5. verde742

verde742

So DARN SAD,

6. This car was converted many years ago (50's) and was supposedly on the cover of Rodding and Re-Styling magazine. (See photo) . It needs a full restoration as can be seen in the photos. But when done will be a fantastic streamlined classy automobile! I have some new repro floor sections included in the sale. Looks like original motor that I have not touched and therefore have no idea of its condition. I have a top mechanism from a 65 Buick skylark if wanted to adapt to the Henry J. I was told the windshield is from a 1954 Mercury conv. What I have is in the pictures nothing else except the above mention top and floor sections. If I can remember correctly. the frame is in good condition. Car is sold on Bill of Sale only. No title. Car rolls and can be winched on your trailer.

ebay147305967158105.jpg

And as Paul Harvey use to say and that's the rest of the story. HRP

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Danny, are you selling it???

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That no look like the same car to me Lucy. Different windshield frame, shaved door handles, different bumpers, who would take a custom that nice and poop all over it?

9. You'll be buying it at the estate auction. Depending on who does the auction, maybe for next to nothing.

10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A friend in Utah has an old drag racer Allstate. Bought it in So Cal 25 yrs ago and ran it at the Antique Nationals 4ever4 drags with a 12 Port Horning GMC in it. Neat old car...

kidcampbell71 likes this.