Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Racing at George Ray's who's interested

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Oct 22, 2018.

1. atch

atch

Anyone care to make a guess at what a 17 second flat quarter time would translate to on a 1/8 mile track? Just a stab; I realize that it can't be spot on. I'm guessing 10 - 12 seconds, but what do I know? I've never even seen or been to a 1/8 mile track.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  2. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

10-11 seconds, estimated.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  3. I'm beyond excited! The next best thing to actual time travel!

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang, rocketsled59 and racer-x like this.
  4. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

5. The track has a face book page. Tyler says it has gone crazy since this race was announced. It's under the tracks name.

The small tire race is a 29.5x10 tire or smaller. Anything larger puts you in the big tire class. This class is for Saturday only. Its run heads up with no index. Run what ya brung.

6. I was just on the face book page. It has a few post but nothing I would call crazy.

loudbang likes this.
  7. I have seen him run at grs the car is fun to watch.

loudbang likes this.
  8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Any idea when things will start on sat i won't be able to be there till about noon or so as my daughter graduates high school on fri and we won't be able to leave till early sat morning and yes she will be coming along as she is excited to see the place I've talked about forever

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Gammz and loudbang like this.
  9. Sounds like the track goes hot at 11:00 am. This is subject to change based on the number of cars. The racing goes on until the sun goes down.

Gammz and loudbang like this.
  10. Both chucky and Tyler are reporting well over 10,000 hits on each of their sites since we announced the event.

I hope to get the video posted soon. First the VCR broke and I replaced it. On Christmas day I pulled out one of the many large plastic tubs of tapes. I haven't watched them in over 15 years. In that time all the labels dried up and fell off. Now I have to watch them all to find out what's on them. It's a big time consuming job but it will get done.

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Dang, if lived closer Brian I would bring the beer. :D

loudbang likes this.
  12. Make a weekend of it. I'll make the popcorn. I have alot of never seen before private video I have collected over the years.

loudbang likes this.
  13. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  14. suchadrag

suchadrag

flux capacitor, loudbang and Old wolf like this.
  15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You picking me up on the way?

rocketsled59 and loudbang like this.
  16. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I'll swing by and we can take your 4wd as it's probly snowing up there lol

loudbang likes this.
  17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds good to me, I need a break after the header gasket job on a GTO. :mad:

loudbang likes this.
  18. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

If this isn't what I need for motavation to get my Fairlane done, I don't know what is.

racer-x, rocketsled59 and loudbang like this.
  19. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Im in bringing the 37 with a new motor (fingers crossed). I got rooms at the holiday in and I am ready to race.
    Tony

loudbang likes this.
  20. Tony leave early. If you haven't heard the event is now three big days.

loudbang likes this.
  21. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Rooms are booked for the "Time Trip Drags". We're bringing 2 cars. One even slower than the other !! Woohoo!!! Norb! Time to plan our trip! We will be your day one destination!

loudbang and Tickety Boo like this.
  22. cool. I should be there Friday morning.

loudbang and rocketsled59 like this.
  23. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Ok it's gettin pretty quiet. Who else is goin? Grudge match's? Maybe there should be some tags to other events to generate more traffic / interest. All the talk on the mdd thread was a big part of the fun. This is gonna be a blast and may become the next big gig.

Old wolf, Tickety Boo and saltflats like this.
  24. After this first year word will get out about all the fun that was had and it will become the next big thing. The biggest reason for that will be the setting. Everything from the track to the classes will be as it was when the track first opened. This will be the most authentic nostalgia race on the planet. It wont ever be the biggest because they only have 40 acres but it will be a real trip back in time. It will be a experience that cant be duplicated anywhere else. That's its selling point.

25. ET

ET
    from MO

Booked the hotel. Plan to be there with Time Warp

Attached Files:

26. atch

atch

20190111_103537.jpg 20190111_103552.jpg This is what Clarence looks like right now but am making plans to be in Paragould on May 18/19.

27. I received a phone call from chucky last night. Its confirmed urban hillbilly video will be covering the event with several video camera men.
    It's also confirmed Brett kepner from horse power TV will be at the event.

Several car clubs from the surrounding area have said they are coming to the event.

Word from the mokan area is 15 racers are making the drive.

28. squirrel

squirrel

will there be a few spare fields for overflow parking?

29. The fields on both sides are rice paddies. They will be flooded. The worm farm across the street has a large grassy area and parking lot that we can use for spectator parking. The track has 40 acres total. It would be similar to the meltdowns arrangement.
    Jim the cuda would look picture perfect on the starting line. Bring it down for some fun.