Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dream Deuce Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jim1932, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Not sure I dare put myself out there but payback is due. I learn a lot form the other builds. If nothing else you will learn what not to do. I have been messing with a 32 tudor for the past 8 years. Never really got anywhere but learned a lot about 32 B's. Early this year, literally out of a chance call, I found a 5 window Coupe an hour from home. Great elderly guy that I hit it off with. I think we were both happy with me getting the car. One of those small little houses with a single garage in the back. Neighbors were shocked to see us pull the car out. No one knew it was there. Very solid car with juice brakes that had serious issues. Got it running with the help of a friend on here. He fixed the brakes for me too. I sold my Tudor and here we are.

A little back story, I have a diamond block B motor that has been being built for me, originally for the tudor. Counter balanced crank, Jim Brierley winfield grind cam, inserts and 1.5 intakes. Almost done.

So here is the car as I bought it. IMG_4690.JPG IMG_4692.JPG IMG_4693.JPG IMG_4695.JPG IMG_4697.JPG

2. After my friend got the brakes right and tuned up...... Not that shiny it was a rainy day. And before any purist freaks. I have no intention of cutting any metal form this. No issue with people that do...Love Flops work, but this is too nice.
    IMG_0283.jpg

3. I had these Clark wheels that I had picked up. Had the split rings chromed and the wheels painted to match the accent color on the car. then miraculously found repo General Jumbo hub caps to fit...... time to learn how to drop a front end.

Attached Files:

4. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

5. brady1929

brady1929

Great hot rod.

6. Deuce Bob

Deuce Bob

WOW what a great car. I want it!!!! You should drive the tire off it.... good luck great find...

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Nice car and plan, I applaud your restraint, I could not be that strong.

OLSKOOL57 and HunterYJ like this.
  8. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

I think an American Graffiti clone is in order.

9. 392

As is spot on. American graffiti clone....NO. Bobbed rear fenders.......HELL NO. Nice looking ride.

10. alchemy

alchemy

Cars like that deserve respect. Contrary to hot-roddingness, not all cars should be cut up. A gentle hop up is just perfect for a survivor like this.

My sedan was an untouched B when we started with it. The chassis has only had 13 extra holes drilled in it to mount the flathead V-8 and juice brakes, and a small sliver removed from the back edge of the front crossmember for tie rod clearance (no welding at all). No body mods to sheet metal (the dash I used was a butchered piece that we restored, and the original is on the shelf). My sedan could easily be restored, but probably never will. I'll do my cutting on a car that started in much worse shape.

11. 343w

343w

Perfect choice of the wheels, nice update.

12. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

That will be one really sweet 5 window!
    Glad it went to someone who will keep it sweet too!
    KK

13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ohhhhh maaaaaaan...what a nice 5W.
    Beautiful. Sweeeeet. Rad. Wait...not rad.

14. cederholm

cederholm

15. kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. I have a Simmons Super Power head and a Brierley head. Will run the Simmons until the new motor is done. At that point will probably put the Brierley on the new motor along with a dual Burns intake and stromberg 97 carbs (From Uncle Max) and a Mallory that was done by Jim Linder.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Sounds good.

Charlie Stephens

18. spring 2.JPG spring 1.jpg IMG_0802.jpg Orangeamcs has been a huge help on this car. I pulled the springs and he reversed them for me. Most of the way there. Need to drive it a bit and see if it settles.

alfin32, dwollam, mgtstumpy and 5 others like this.
  19. dlw1932

dlw1932
    from Nebraska

Nice car!! I like the wheels:cool:

20. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

5DFEA56E-9DDC-4AE5-9291-6696AB26A7C3.png 361C6FDE-E28E-4FCA-8758-D63BA7A64BA2.png I agree, that car is way to nice to cut up. I’m as hard core hot rod as you get but when you find one that nice there’s no reason to get the saws out. This is my buddy Rich’s coupe, the sheet metal is all rock stock and this same look could be achieved using only wrenches on the original poster’s car.

aussie57wag, alfin32, LBCD and 4 others like this.
  21. clem

clem

Beautiful car, -
    thanks for not cutting it up !

26 T Ford RPU and loudbang like this.
  22. Need to correct a bad conversion from Trunk to Rumble. it had a rumble seal in it but the lid is so far out of alignment it won't latch. Checking to see if hinges are wrong.... IMG_4695.JPG

dwollam and loudbang like this.
  23. alchemy

alchemy

Many repro hinges were cast iron instead of forged steel, and could be out of alignment with no way to bend them back into alignment.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Nice car, used to have 14" jumbos on my 40, never seen them with a split ring?

loudbang likes this.
  25. Sometimes less is more, great restraint and beautiful car.

dwollam and loudbang like this.
  26. These are Clark wheels, aparently more common to California.

Not much new to post. Did pick up a Model B dropped headlight bar. Need to paint the black, but not a China part at least.

bar.jpg

27. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome find! Subscribed to this one !!

OLSKOOL57 and loudbang like this.
  28. working on the rumble alignment. Still thinking on making it back into a trunk (even though I already bought the rumble seats.) Yes I see the bent brackets.
    IMG_0810.jpg IMG_0809.jpg

alfin32 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  29. oldbanger71

oldbanger71