Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Are you ever truly done buying cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Oct 11, 2018.

1. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

EVERY TIME I say that 's the last one, the wife say's you need THERAPY! I just love the thrill of the hunt for old dirt!

1959Nomad likes this.
  2. With my latest purchase, I think that my collection is complete...

3. redoxide

redoxide

I thought I had just got rid of the last car I said I would work on for other folk so could concentrate on my own stuff.. Bt just promised to do the basic build on a buddes 30 coupe, only because he is building it the way I would if I had the cash :)

Meanwhile I have 2 decent runners , a VW kombi camper and a 30 coupe .. plus 3 projects .. 1x 28 coupe 1 x 30 coupe and another off topic for the wife that's been waiting 25 years for attention.. Ive got a hankering for a split screen VW and perhaps a vintage Ford truck as a daily hack.. I look but as far as VWs go there aint no way im paying the prices and as far as a vintage truck, I know it will just end up in bits for a rebuild.. So despite the urge to buy, im attempting to channel that energy into completing some of the other junk.

Im just a nipper at 55 years young .. My fear is not getting any of the projects on the road before the whole world turns to homogenised autonomous electric garbage.. :( Im keeping my old jeep XJ alive as long as I can .. I think we should be rewarded for our recycling efforts :) There aint gonna be many 90 year old Teslas on the road in 2110

1959Nomad likes this.
  4. 392

I’d say yes ..........but. I’d love to have a 49 merc one day.

1959Nomad likes this.
  5. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I Am Truly Done.....Except.... IMG_6755.JPG

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  6. brianf31

brianf31

I told her I'm building an old airplane next. She seems OK with cars again.

7. 327Eric

327Eric

Im broke, so I guess I am done for now. But then, my last one was free

1959Nomad likes this.
  8. wicarnut

wicarnut

NO, Only when your ashes are cold or last shovel of dirt covers you, then it's done.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    bathcollector likes this.
  9. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

My problem is going to swapmeets and seeing and buying up parts for the 'so called' next project. That never seems to end. But I'm probably not alone in that department.

10. I have got to say that given my current situation I am probably not going to be buying another car any time soon. But you never really know until they start shoveling dirt in the hole do ya?

I will probably continue to wrench on old cars whether I buy another one of not.

11. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I would have sworn that I was finished buying cars until a few nice old 40 Fords starting appearing lately. Darn it, I thought I was really finally done looking, darn old good looking 40 Fords, I should really hate them.

12. Just an update on my post from about 3 weeks ago!!!! I guess I need one of those "T" Shirts. After buying the OT 66 Catalina Conv in November, I was out is Southern Ca dropping off a 32 Cadillac Conv going to Russia & reloaded an OT 67 Buick GS from a gentleman who was also addicted to the hobby as well as both his sons. They had a very nice 64 Grand Prix that he told me about as I was loading the GS. Long story short, he drove me two miles to his sons house, I looked at it...3 days later back at home I just sent him a deposit! I am soooo addicted

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

1959Nomad and wicarnut like this.
  13. I guess I may need an "Intervention" LOL

On the way home from picking up My 64 Grand Prix in Lancaster, Ca, I caught a glimpse of
    the front corner of something I had been watching for. So I went back & sure enough it was an OT, 100% rust-free, original paint 2 door 66 AMC Ambassador V-8 PS, PB, Fact Air. It was a bucket seat console car, but somebody took the seats & console out. I had to buy it! Sending full payment this morning.

Now I will have to book a customers car out there to pick it up, which will be difficult with my heavy transport schedule already set. I may even have to pay another transporter to bring it home for me....Transporting my own causes me to lose money!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

IMG_20190207_095348671_HDR (800x450).jpg IMG_20190207_144753063_HDR (800x450).jpg

14. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I thought I could be , but now I want an Effie. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

15. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I had told my self that I was done buying a car unless I sold 1, I lied. I have had a hankering for another el camino so I kinda look at them on craigslist, ebay and face book market place. All of them have been too much money, too far away or too rusty to even consider. Well I see a ot '69 on market place for an ok amount that is about a hour away, its still more than I want to pay. So I shoot him a pm on the bring a trailer and cash price and he sends me back I will take half the amount. SO we all know what that means. '69 El Camino with quarters, floor pans and paint already on it. Not even close to perfect but not bad. Missing motor , trans and a bunch of small parts. already rounded up a bunch of stuff sold some of the worthless parts off it I didn't want. I think it will make a fun beater with a small investment.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      168 KB
      Views:
  16. I keep saying I am and then turn around and prove myself wrong. :rolleyes: HRP

1959Nomad likes this.