Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical United Pacific 33-34 fenders

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by RICH B, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Anyone ever trimmed UP coupe fenders to fit a sedan. Or original fenders, for that matter. IMG_20181219_105621_229.jpeg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. alchemy

alchemy

Wow, I didn't even know UPac was making 34 fenders now.

If they are like Henry's, it should be able to be done. Adding the stiffener strip inside sounds like a good idea since the sedans don't have the rolled inner edge for stiffness. But the basic profile from the outside is the same on coupe as sedan.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  3. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

You want to make sure they are going to fit,you ruin them,oh boy it wont be a happy time,maybe fit the old one over the new one,or vice versa,and see if they anywheres look alike.How are they for sheet metal guage, do they feel the same weight as original?,I have a 33 sedan,but i dont need fenders,am curious as if coupes will fit too. Harvey

4. Bit a measuring, little trimming, some hole relocation, and one of them is on (running board not mounted in the pic). Friend is in a better place than when we opened the box and I said neat, they're coupe fenders. @37 caddy The fenders themselves are made pretty good, thick metal, and smooth stamping.

rear fender 2 medium.jpg

Chucky, sko_ford and kidcampbell71 like this.

5. Back to it; driver's fixed too.
    IMG_20190107_154037 (Medium).jpg IMG_20190107_154047 (Medium).jpg

6. Are those the fenders that SAR have made and are available ?
    Vic

7. @Vics stuff
    Fenders are a United Pacific product, the guys that make the deuce 5W. Pretty decent other than the "not sedan" part in our case. On Summit's web sight; but (bummer) not the usual free shipping.

loudbang likes this.
  8. I remember a friend, who added material to get some real nice sedan fenders to fit his 3W. he passed away a few years ago, so I can't ask him about it.
    I have 3 sedan fenders here, came in a package deal on some parts I bought, from MN.

loudbang likes this.
  9. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

if you took some pics of your process, i am sure a lot of us would love to see them. well done.

loudbang likes this.
  10. Unfortunately, didn't think about any progress pictures. Kinda matched up the front and rear with an opposite side original fender and made a poster board template, trimmed the edge with a cut-off grinder, took several times on and off to sneak up on the proper fit. Second fender went super quick.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Nice - glad to know they're making them!