Register now to get rid of these ads!

History SEEKING PHOTO OF DRAGSTER WE RAN IN 1957 AT SANFORD ME & ORANGE MA

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J2X, Jan 6, 2019.

1. J2X

J2X

In 1957 we ran a dragster in C Dragster Class at Orange MA Airport drags and in B Open Gas Class at Sanford ME, The car had a front mounted Chevrolet V8 in narrowed Model T rails with wire wheels, large tubular roll bar, and oval gas tank on frame behind cockpit. The car was painted black and at one point had some red "flames" - We ran out of the Towbars Club of Concord NH and we and part of the car are pictured on page 108 of the Schuman's wonderful book "Cool Cars and Square Roll Bars". If you have photo(s) of the car at either track PLEASE message me with a copy. Any photo would be welcome, a color photo would most good. Thanks in advance for looking in your files and scrap books. David Watson

2. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

oh man,
    "yesterday" was the nostalgia fest in Hudson Ma.
    movies, pix, stuff, and conversations with the heroes of the straight line...
    the connections you need were there... put it on your 2020 calendar...

3. J2X

J2X

Sloppy - Thanks for reply - Nothing for me but being a day late and a dollar short!! - Would be nice if someone at Hudson had gone through their Sanford or Orange photos for the show and would recognize that they had a pic of the car - Just hoping - Dave

4. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Dave,

It happened 2 years before I made my first safari to Orange in Aug of '59 so I have no memory or pics of the car but I checked my copy of Arnie and Bernie's book for reference and have started to ask around. It will be well into Summer at least before I run out of options to check, meantime my eyes and ears will be open, anything develops and I'll let you know.

Ed

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

I'll keep my ear to the ground and my eyes open. I really hope some photos of the car pop up!