Register now to get rid of these ads!

History MOPAR LOVERS!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnold1938, Jan 5, 2019.

1. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

anybody seen or own these mopar original stickers whats your story!

Attached Files:

2. Eh-Bone

Eh-Bone

Probably a little new for here but I could be mistaken...?
    Regardless Mr.Norm was a “dealer” shop that did high performance add ons and tuning for Mopars-mostly A bodies(Dusters and Darts) if I remember correctly. He would have been the place to go if you wanted to take your car from the showroom, have a bunch of horsepower added on, tuned and take it to the track and kick some ass!
    Mr.Norm’s-Grand Spaulding Dodge, and a few others were at the top of the food chain then-going against the likes of Nickey Chevrolet(for the chev guys). For braggin rights as to who could whoop more ass in there cars.

Deuces and CudaChick1968 like this.
  3. Actually was in it early on like 1962/63...........well know by 1965.........

CudaChick1968 likes this.
  4. Biggest Dodge dealer in the country by 72. This was the place that started putting big blocks in Darts in 67 after Dodge said it couldn't be done. Dodge ended up offering them stock.
    Mrnormposter.jpg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019

5. I was handed this sticker by mr norm when I was present for the interview that ran in super stock and drag illustrated magazine. We were sitting in his office talking about everything related to the dealership. I told him I saw a few original stickers on the doors. He stopped talking and opened a drawer in his desk. He pulled out a few stickers and gave them to me. Notice the sticker says dodge on it. The repos dont have dodge on them do to the trademark issues. It also is from the original location being from grand Ave. The dealership expanded in the 70s adding a location in the western suburbs. Those stickers have buffalo grove as the address. I do have other stickers. One is dark blue with silver lettering. I also have one that's reflective. These stickers went on the new cars. Your sticker is from the club you could join. Being a club member gave you deals on parts along with passes to special events etc. There is a thread here on mr norm. I hope this helps. 20190105_211556.jpg

6. CudaChick1968

CudaChick1968

Very cool thread gentlemen! Mr. Norm is a friend on FaceBook. I'm gonna send him a link. :D

Deuces, loudbang and wraymen like this.
  7. The best documentation of the man and his dealership in print has to be the super stock and drag illustrated story. It covers everything. Several of the original race cars exist. The 68 charger chassis is in Wisconsin. The red charger survived along with the blue challenger. The colt pro stock is rumored to be in Milwaukee. Two of the original transporters have surfaced recently. Norm is alive and regularly attends car events.

Deuces, loudbang and CudaChick1968 like this.
  8. I met him at Carlisle a few years ago. Nice guy.

Deuces, CudaChick1968 and loudbang like this.
  9. No sticker, but I bought this NOS plate frame from Norm at the Mopar nationals in Indy in the nineties. I bought it to go on the 340 Challenger I had back then. Maybe it will end up on Dads coupe. 0425122208.jpg

10. As you can see this one on my cabinet is reflective. 20190108_110654.jpg