Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Hot Rod Shop showroom

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by AULIZ, Sep 22, 2018.

1. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

I am not sure if I have seen any of your threads on here but I did check out your new site briefly and very nice work. Don't make your decisions based on what the "haters" say - it just means they win. I believe most of us really appreciate seeing what others are doing no matter where we are from or what language we speak. We all speak vintage hot rod here!

2. AULIZ

AULIZ

Grey BBC 409 rod 1st Winter pics increased.

AULIS

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

Auliz, continue posting here. Like a few guys have said your English is better than my Finnish. Some people would be screwed if they ever travelled to another country, because they'd never learned another language or would try to learn.
    Never give in to ass_oles. The work you have done on your cars is great.

4. Good hauling rig@AULIZ,glad you are still posting.

5. AULIZ

AULIZ

Flexplate arrived fom Rockauto and Pick up is fixed. Still have problems with cabin heating, but car is registered and all works good. Same time we made full maintenance.

Today i increased some picks. Grey Deuce 2nd Winter 2007-2008.
    Sunday next update, now need to do something in garage, I have been weeks very lazy.... maybe its good to breath and take easy before Winter is coming.

Aulis

www.auliz.fi

6. jazz1

jazz1

You have done a life times work in a very short time frame. Your builds are excellent!

7. x2

8. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thanks Men!
    I´m lucky, because:

- I work home (dayjob) and I can same time built cars. I work with cars 2-7hours / day, never evenings.
    - I was living in CA 2003-2005. This Bearing Company owner called me all the time and asked to come back to Finland and work in his Company.
    - I told him that I can come but there is few things You need to accept ... I want this fixed salary, I work home, I come only 1-2times year to headoffice, You do not ask what i do all days, I do not ask You where You put all profit (margin) ..... Old man said, Wellcome back to Finland.

He knows that I built cars during working days, but he knows that I make him big money. I sell Bearings and Power transmission to industry and dealers.

Now feels that Im not so hungry anymore. This F-150 pick up was good "boost" and monday I pick up that Haulin 24' closed trailer from Estonia. I have plan that next summer I can go longer way with my hot rods using trailer and pick up. I know that it´s not real hot rodding to go with trailer.... I was think that I can take my Oskar son with me and we only go with trailer if meeting is long way from Seinäjoki and meeting is 2-3days happening.

Aulis

9. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Wow, you got that super clean. It would be tempting to leave it un-painted except for the upkeep.

10. What did you use to strip the old black paint off the trailer ?

11. AULIZ

AULIZ

Yes, some of my friends told me "leave it like it is now", but I do not like it like aluminum outlook.
    Looks like "industrial kitchen". Airstream looks good, when outlook is normal aluminum or polished, but I want to paint this trailer. I picked up Kräzzle steam -washer , it heat water very hot, from my friend and washed old paint off.
    Only door keep its paint and that small area under sticker. Now I have sand it lightly and paint it during next week.
    White colour, and I polish all SS or Alum. areas.

Weedburner 40 likes this.
  12. AULIZ

AULIZ

I "jump" to 1998-1999. I found old Scanner, it even works.
    You can find there my truck and semitrailer Project.

Aulis

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. Looking at the roadster you built a wile back. I had never seen the gear vender you used. Where did you find that? Surprised you had enough room for it. Nice Roadster by the way.:cool:

loudbang likes this.
  14. AULIZ

AULIZ

That gear vender was already installed in USA. I just opened it and looked that all is OK.
    I think it has been made for Truck use. If I compare how that gear set was built, i can tell that it was very very strong part. Made to tranfer big torque.

Aulis

chryslerfan55 and ct1932ford like this.
  15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't remember seeing the threads with the disparaging remarks but can say that that kind of thing shouldn't go on. I can usually follow your posts quite easily and love the work you do and that you have taken some pretty abused cars and made real nice ones out of them all by hand.
    Alcohol may have had a bit to do with some of the disrespectful comments you got as there seems to be a few individuals who only tend to post when they have had a number of drinks to fuel their comments.
    On the other hand a few of us have taken issue with those among us who were born and raised in the US, have English as their primary language, finished 12 or more years of school in the US and think that it makes them one of the "cool guys" to deliberately post sloppily written posts with misuse of language and misspelling. Writing like 4th grade drop out does't make you one of the cool guys.

All bets are off if you posted from your phone though as those things abuse anyone's written word.
    Keep up the good work and keep us in on what you are doing.
    The paint peeling off that trailer reminds me of when I traded back for my 48 an it had been painted over about three times in three or four months with different colors. I was at the car wash late one night washing that paint off in sheets and the guy who ran the car wash came by and told me he wasn't paying for a paint job because I had washed the paint off.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. AULIZ

AULIZ

some Truck and Trailer pics increased.

Just started to increase 1955 Chevy street race car pics.

AULIS

17. AULIZ

AULIZ

1967 Nova STW Street racer pictures increased.

I try to scan today Golden Rocket T-23 vintage Altered pics.

www.auliz.fi

Aulis

18. AULIZ

AULIZ

80s and early 90s pics increased. Need to continue next week or week after that.

RED
    FED
    T-23

www.auliz.fi

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  19. I just went and looked at your site. You are a REAL hotrodder. You speak hotrod and that's all I care about. You keep posting. Any haters that badmouth you probably haven't even finished one car. Your work is amazing. Keep posting please. You ever need any help from here in Arizona you contact me.

Max Gearhead and loudbang like this.
  20. x2

loudbang likes this.
  21. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Checked out your site, you do excellent work and your visions are extraordinary.
    You sir have the “eye”. :D

loudbang likes this.
  22. Hi Aulis
    I gave up up the HAMB for about 4-5 years as it grew and then refocused. I see much of the same coming back slowly in different ways. There will always be jerks that should not be on a forum. You should see my long ignore list.
    Keep your car building going. Do occasional updated here and have fun with your hotrods. People that enjoy your post will follow.

One builder that I can recall is Lordsofkustoms. I’m sure they have plenty of haters. But you always see an update 1-2 times a year and it prompts me to check them out out again. And they are true to their style and keep in truckin.

pitman likes this.
  23. AULIZ

AULIZ

Hello
    Thank You everyone.. Hot rod building need to be fun. Its same with Drag racing. When it was more hobby, it was enjoyable hobby, but when its more like job,...... I remember that side too..

Arizona and Texas need to see and maybe during this Winter I visit there.
    Im interested in swapmeets. Where I found Arizona and Texas swapmeet dates?

Now I have been increase some pics, Nothing very old hot rod pics, but something more "hot rodding".

I havent continue 5w coupe Project, because too much dayjob travelling, my son Oskar is nr 1 when Im home and now I have two engine Project in my garage. For me 284cid big bore flathead and one man from Middle-Finland left there 1953 Merc engine which need to bore and hone, valvejobs, hot rod cam and intake....

Aulis
    www.auliz.fi

24. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amazing Work and skills . Keep building cars. Keep building what you like .

25. AULIZ

AULIZ

Some pics increased weekly.

Merry Christmas everybody all over the Ball !
    ***** Aulis & Oskar son *****

IMG_4092c.jpg

Stogy, bymanr, tofords and 3 others like this.
  26. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Went to your website and pulled up the 32 5W project.2 words to describe your talent "Simply Outstanding".Merry Christmas from the south of France!

27. AULIZ

AULIZ

1934 5w pics increased.
    1968 nova pics increased too.

aulis
    www.auliz.fi

Stogy likes this.
  28. AULIZ

AULIZ

Hello
    Slowly I have update my website. November 2019 I continue my 5w coupe project.
    This year I was racing twice in Sweden (Tierp Summit International European Championship) , but still try to drive and built hot rods... You find more pics here:

www.auliz.fi

nova-127.jpg nova-126.jpg

kidcampbell71 and Max Gearhead like this.