Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Goodbye 2018, out with the old in with the new interior

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Today is the last day of the year and I drove the old beater to my pal Dave's shop for him to design & install a interior, something that has been lacking since I purchased the car 30 years ago.

The Tijuana blankets & foil insulation will be a thing of the past. :D

[​IMG]

What's next for you guys? HRP

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Who needs interior with a nice wheel like that?

3. I have been siting on two pieces of foam slid under the blanket because of broken springs and since I am installing a interior I am finally going to have a heater instead of freezing my arse off in the cold weather, I have never let the cold keep me from driving but I'm looking forward to being comfortable in my travels during the winter, the interior is going to be a plus once all the air holes are plugged. :D HRP

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I am just so impressed with Lady HRP . Rides on two pieces of foam with busted springs and no interior . She sounds perfect. I mean who wouldn't want to be married to a lady into hotrods like she is. You get to share your passion with her . As with the new year , I hope to get all non car related projects finished so I can refocus on vintage collecting. Wish you and Lady Barbara and family great health. :)

HOTRODPRIMER and Budget36 like this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would say you will be Comforted in the New Year. May the rest of the Year unfold just as nicely going forward.

Whats Next for my Hotrod...minor improvements to many outstanding issues...I'd say brake and bearing inspections and adjustments are high on the list OH and the glove box latch install...

Have a Good one to You and the Family.

HOTRODPRIMER and mad mikey like this.
  6. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Cup holder in your future? :rolleyes:................:D

7. 1934coupe

1934coupe

"Felice Anno Nuovo" HRP what better way to start off the new year than with a new interior.

Pat

8. raven

raven

NEW SLICKS! Oh and some other ‘improvements ‘ for my roadster. And I’m starting the build of another roadster!
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Tim, HOTRODPRIMER and mad mikey like this.
  9. When ladyhrp is with me I don't need a cup holder, If I need a cup holder I just use the roll of duct tape and it easily slides under the seat and out of sight when not in use. HRP

OahuEli, mad mikey, The37Kid and 2 others like this.
  10. Budget36

Budget36

After his seat heaters are installed;)

HOTRODPRIMER, mad mikey and i.rant like this.
  11. That might not be a bad idea! :) HRP

da34guy, mad mikey and Budget36 like this.
  12. Na na na na na.;) My '51 two door already has a heater!:p It does need the new wiring installed and bodywork and paint done, then the interior.:confused: Happy New Year!:D

13. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

From the looks of that window sill, I'd say a lot of miles with the arm out the window!:D
    Gonna hide a Vintage AC in there, too?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. Bobby, I was told when I bought the car it was last painted in 1962, the fenders were repaired and sprayed after I became the caretaker, I don't intend to repaint the car..
    BTW, I will keep the factory air (Cowl Vent).:D HRP

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    40FORDPU and mad mikey like this.
  15. Hope you post some pictures of your new interior for us.;) I just wanted to say thanks for all your great threads in 2018, Danny. This will be my last post for 2018! So { HAPPY NEW YEAR } everyone!!!:) Ron.......

16. Well, thank you very much Ron, it's 2019 now and I will be posting some photos as we go. HRP

mad mikey and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep

18. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

57 years on that paint, wonder how many miles it has travelled in that time? I look at it like a old pair of well worn shoes, they may not look new anymore, but they feel so comfortable you can't throw them out.

19. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Just a wild guess, but I'd say if he starts whispering "Barbara" to his wife, its not going to be a good year.:D

20. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Looking forward to seeing the new interior.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. scoop

scoop

Freezing your ass off in SC? Below 0 in MN today.I'd love to see 40.

22. I need to install dropped spindles (uprights) in this 'ol girl and get her ready to sell which includes fixing a bunch of little mechanical things. When it sells, either fix up my house to sell, or start looking for a decent 32-34 Ford sedan project. IMG_2566.JPG

Budget36 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. Duct tape cup holder? Man, that brings back memories. I always had a roll in our A roadster. It was used to ensure a good seal on long distance rainy drives, and it was my cup holder, when needed. Oh yeah, I'd think about the heated seats, cheap easy install while doing your upholstery, and no one knows but your butt.

Happy New year to all.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. Do it Danny, ya won't be sorry.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Gman0046

Gman0046

When it comes to interiors I always remember what a friend of mine said when I asked him how he liked his new interior. He replied "I paid $5200 for it but wish I would have paid $10,000 for something I liked. Just sayin.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. HRP, can’t wait to see the interior. What material are you using? Wait, Barbara???? :eek:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. Hopefully, I'll find time to fit my new windshield frame. I still have to cut it down, get it chromed, fit a new glass and remove and replace the old one.

Also, fix the rear main seal leak. Not really looking forward to it, but it needs to be done.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. We worked on installing the heater & routing hoses, had to modify the cowl vent handle but it will still be able to circulate air.

Dave is going to make a panel below the dash to help hide the bottom of the unit and to attach the vents, I don't want to cut the dash.

The next thing to do before Dave starts the interior is take the passenger window out and repair the window track that has broken loose and creates a bind, I have new door glass channel and need to run some new wire to the over head light.

Get that done and then the fun starts with the interior. HRP

seadog and Budget36 like this.
  29. That's the main reason I can't make myself repaint the car.

I think we both can see that going very, very wrong, I sent a PM to the member that made the mistake.

Mark, it's just going to be a simple pleated material, faux leather.

Oops, the secrets out ! o_O:D HRP

ct1932ford likes this.
  30. Marty S

Marty S
    from kentucky

With 522 days left til' retirement I'm hoeing out the garage and plan to get serious collecting A parts for a project. Have a frame and cowl..... time to get the lead out!