Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HAPPY NEW YEARS from the Smoky Mountians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Dec 31, 2018.

1. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Happy New Year. How's the step son doing ?

2. brad2v

brad2v

You too Bruce, and everyone else here

3. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Bruce, Happy New Year to you and yours from up here in Kentucky. Hope that you and all HAMBers have a safe 2019. Stay safe and warm......Ray.

Bruce Fischer and Stogy like this.
  4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

happy new year bud! hope its a good one for you and the family! maybe heading your way in the the spring. will try and stop in to say hi!

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  5. Happy New Year Bruce, I asked my magic 8 ball, if you will find a HAMB friendly wagon in 2019. This is what it said! Have A{ HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE }Ron.... upload_2018-12-31_19-46-10.jpeg

kiwijeff, jnaki, dan31 and 6 others like this.
  6. IMG_1877.jpg

HappyNew Year Bruce.

kiwijeff and Bruce Fischer like this.
  7. O.K. Mike I fixed it! Bruce.

Stogy and Truck64 like this.
  8. 51504bat, I am hoping the same thing.Thanks Bruce.

Stogy likes this.
  9. wicarnut

wicarnut

Happy New Year to you and all !

Bruce Fischer and Stogy like this.
  10. trollst, as you may know I have had 2 total ankle replacements{on my left ankle} and been suffering with it for the past 10 years. Now a screw has worked its way loose in the bottom of my foot so I have to have padding in the bottom of my shoe to get around. The x ray show the screw had totally worked its way out.2 surgeons say they think they can take the screw out with out bothering anything else, and everything will be better. I go see the head surgeon on the 8th.Hopefully I will be back on my feet again and getting in to trouble again real soon. LOL. Bruce.

11. ...............Best of luck with that, Bruce. When are those surgeons going to learn to use thread-locker??!!:D;)

12. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I was gonna say, Loctite 271 oughtta do the trick.

13. Happy New Year, "neighbor"! Hope that the foot thing gets fixed.
    Folks won't accuse you of having a screw loose anymore. Maybe...…

Bill

14. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy New Year Bruce, good luck with the upcoming surgery!!

15. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

From one Bruce to another, Happy New YearS!! I hope they all are happy!!!

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  16. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Frikin doctor probably used a cheapy Ryobi cordless impact driver instead of shelling out the extra bucks for a Milwaukee.

Bruce Fischer, Truck64 and Chavezk21 like this.
  17. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speedy recovery....now..gitter done

Stogy and Bruce Fischer like this.
  18. 40 standard, Robert is doing well. He moved back to Fl. and moved out of a trailer he was renting and in to a real house. He is back at work running heavy dozers and such. Some one was sure watching over him to make such a great come back. Thanks Bruce.

TFoch, tb33anda3rd, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  19. Ron, YEA BUDDY!!!LOL.Bruce.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  20. Lothiandon, I know .That's what I asked him! LOL.Bruce.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  21. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Bruce.Great to hear that Robert is doing well and back to work.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

22. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce,

That is AWESOME news to hear that Robert is doing so well! What a relief to have him back up and whole and getting on with his life. You and your wife did some good work taking care of him!

God bless,

Steve

23. upspirate

upspirate

Love the tree in the boat! Happy New Year everyone!

lothiandon1940 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  24. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I do not know Bruce personally, but have followed his posts for many years. It never seemed to me that he had a screw loose.:)

lothiandon1940 and Truck64 like this.
  25. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Happy New Year ! If we play our cards right, it will be as happy as we all want it to be. We roll with the punches, get things right in the house/household, and have a great time with the family. Being on the downside of 50 has some advantages to make up for not being 20 somethings again. The mind advances, while the body degrades, isn’t that an awful thing? Putting up with the nicks, bruises, breaks and repairs (sounds like a hot rod) is an ongoing thing. But, think of the great ride we all had to this point!!!

Over the past year, my wife and I have traveled to different places and have revisited many old haunts from the past. Those were great. Overheard in some conversation was … (Yes, I listen to ALL conversations coming from across the room, not just selective listening.) “Wouldn’t it be nice to go stay in an Airstream Trailer in the woods or beach area for a few days?”
    upload_2019-1-5_4-33-19.png Kimpton Goodland in Goleta,CA (entrance displays)
    From a recent Thanksgiving Vacation to Goleta, CA and in 2017, the same Airstream kept the fire going…

Jnaki
    With that in mind, I searched high and low for places and found a few places for the future trips. But, to keep the spirit alive and well until we actually leave, I gave my wife this cool set for her desk or displays in the house. Since we have no space to buy/store a real Chevy 210 wagon or that Airstream Trailer, this is the next best thing.

upload_2019-1-5_4-35-8.png
    "a 210 Chevy Wagon and an Airstream Trailer rolling next to an old wooden suspension bridge..."

A two door, Chevy wagon was an inspiration from Jeff Histed and his Chevy wagon/roadtrips. Thanks…

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  26. Happy New Year Bruce. I'm a little late, but I'm a long way away. :D

TFoch and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  27. belair

belair

HNY, Bruce. Glad that things are going your way. See you around (here).