Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 53 chevy 3 speed trans leak

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Medic4lifejr, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Medic4lifejr

Medic4lifejr

Hi everyone
    I have a 53 bel air with 3 speed manual transmission. On our last car meet I found a leak a small puddle under the car. When I raised the car I found the leak coming from the shift levers. I have ordered a transmission seal kit, although the necessary seals doesnt comes with the Felpro kit nor the seal for side hump cover.
    I was wondering anybody have links to order the items?

2. F&J

F&J

Seems odd that it can leak that much from the shift levers by just sitting at a show...unless the car is laying flat on the ground on bags. That can have the rear axle gear oil travel to the trans and overfill it.

3. Great point, you'd almost have to see that to understand it. Or the box is grossly over-filled itself?

4. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

My '49 weeps a little at the same spot, and I have yet to find anyone that makes the gaskets.
    (Spoke with filling station, sent them pictures, and they said they had nothing).