Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Florida Insurance For A Streetrod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FatFndr, Dec 29, 2018.

1. FatFndr

FatFndr

I recently moved my 1939 Ford to the Clearwater Florida area into a manufactured home (trailer) park. All parking in the Park is carport as no garages were planned for this Park. Grundy insists on a garage with a lock and is holding up my present insurance until I can provide them with proof of this type of storage. I checked into a local storage facility and they want $185/month charge to rent a unit that will fit my car.

Is there anyone in this area who knows of an insurance company that will allow carports?
    Does anyone know of a storage facility that may be a little easier on the wallet?
    Any ideas? I can't transfer the Coupe into Florida without proof of insurance.

2. Hagerty is the same. If your community is gated, they may consider that as more secure. Worth asking.

3. You're going to have to make some calls to some of the collector car insurance companies and check their requirements. As far as I know, Grundy has always had that as part of their policy agreement. I'm guessing most of the companies require the car to be secured in a garage as well. Might check with whoever you have your daily driver or homeowner insurance with. Good luck, but this could be a hard lesson learned, sadly. Others considering such a move , pay heed.

camer2 and KoolKat-57 like this.
  4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

To the best of my knowledge a locked garage for the car when not in use is part of the reason they can offer low premiums.
    You may have to call you're regular insurance carrier to see what they offer.
    You're kind of in a pickle without a garage!
    KK

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Read the policy and see what it states. Grundy is just an agent for Philadelphia Ins, who is the one actually writing the policy. The agent can tell you anything they want, if it's not written in the policy, it's not a requirement of the policy. The actual written policy will be the deciding factor in any court of law.

6. All I have is a carport and Hagerty would allow it when I applied but they refused to insure my roadster because it was a home built.
    Progressive partners with Hagerty , perhaps they do it differently when going that route.
    Try here and see.
    https://www.progressive.com/classic-car-insurance/

Mickey Smith likes this.