Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods If you could get back a car you sold what would it be

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Our '55 Buick Special... 6th car - 1955 Buick Special.jpg

Our '50 Pontiac Catalina...
    bth_EbayPictures008.jpg

2. Dads Pics 057.JPG Dads Pics 058.JPG My 1929 Model A standard coupe. I sold it to pay back my parents for loaning me the money to buy my second car, a 1964 Barracuda. I wish I had that one back, too.

3. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Hahahaha boy some of you guys were dumber than me,Sorry but the truth hurts but I do feel your pain

Clay Belt likes this.
  4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

My avatar. It had become the second vehicle in a growing family and I had to sell it to deal with a family situation. Had it for 19 years, drove it coast to coast twice. The only one of my many vehicles that really meant something to me, and that includes high dollar (today) muscle cars.

Irish Mike and carlos like this.
  5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A couple of 50 Olds coupes I had in the 70's and a 58 Bonneville I bought for $250 in 1966-ran great-just needed some TLC-sold for $400-wow!. Also my 57 Fuely BelAir I had 39 yrs and sold a few years ago-miss that one.
    Also 1965-guys I knew came home on leave to Madera in a nice stock 40 dlx coupe. Had to get back to San Diego. Would'nt start. I bought it for $300 and my dad fixed the distributor-fired right up! Sold for $375-big profit!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  6. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Bought this in 75 and put on the fake spots and fat ass BFG’s on 8” Fenton’s
    83 I sold it for lack of space after getting married to a woman I nick named Judge Judy
    She’s been gone for 29 years and I’ve had about 12 old cars. I do miss her, but my aim IS improving [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

OahuEli, j-jock, osage orange and 2 others like this.
  7. 2935ford

2935ford

Ha, I did similar.
    A plain beige bottom line V8/automatic. Bought it for $500 and sold it for $700.
    Sure would like it back!

8. grimmfalcon138

grimmfalcon138
    from az

IMG_20181229_105514.jpg
    I know it's o/t. bought it when I was 14, miss it alot.

dan31 likes this.
  9. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

My 31 A Coupe......and since I sold that, I haven't sold another car. Hell, I once gave a guy a generator out of my 61 F100 and I wish I had that back too.....

It was a really nice, running and driving Model A. I sold it to buy a house, and justified it in my mind by thinking it was too nice to cut up to be a hotrod.....silly fool

10. exterminator

exterminator

My 33 ford 5-window,1940 ford coupe,1955 and 1957 chevy nomads, that's all.;)

olscrounger likes this.
  11. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The black deuce highboy roadster used in the Rodder's Journal poster sitting in front of the American flag. I sold it to a Harley dealer in Orange county CA. While the initial gratification of all that money was good, years later I think it might have one of the best roadsters I've built. One other one was a Dearborn deuce that I sold to a buyer from Japan, it was an all purpose car with creature comforts that were nice. Again the money eased the pain. I've built and sold over 20 deuces mostly because I always seemed to need the money? I've gotten thru the selling phase of my life and currently have 5 finished deuces with one in the oven, although my wife is pressuring me to sell some so she won't have so many to dispose of when I croak!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    mkebaird, Irish Mike and olscrounger like this.
  12. CA. 280

CA. 280

33, 5 window, sold to finance a job transfer. 1962, Falcon keith and 33.JPG Sedan Delivery with factory 4 spd.

j-jock likes this.
  13. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What Krylon 32 says-this is why I sold my 57 Fuely. If I croaked there would be no one to keep it running properly-wife would have a high dollar garage ornament-she did NOT want me to sell it but common sense prevailed. She can easily sell the 40 and the 55.

14. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Well now; I'm sorta glad to see I was't the only complete ideopathic moron, who did something so stupid when it comes to selling our cars, that we still don't really care to talk about, or admit, to it. It's hard to admit to doing something so stupid, we don't want anyone to know about it, and the thing is................we'll probably do something very similar again, if not even multiple times. Can't keep em' all; at least that's what I keep telling myself. Every car I've ever owned, I've regretted selling; some more than others, some more than others. Hello, my name's Butch, and I'm an ideopathic moron. I am Butch/56sedandelivery

raven, carlos and Unique Rustorations like this.
  15. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

1951 Pontiac coupe and countless VW's

16. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

1st car, ot 66 chevelle malibu sport coupe, rare car, sport coupes came with ss interior, bucket seats, console, 3274bbl, 4-spd, posi, car in pic looks just like it. chevelle like mine.jpg m7.jpg

enloe and carlos like this.
  17. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

65 buick Riv gran sport ,dual quad factory loaded .high school car ...also 1962 vette i was 20 years old. i miss em both

18. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

19. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My 57 with 327 and 4 speed T-10, I sold for less than $400 in 1972 to buy a washer and dryer for my first home.

The 56 big window was my dad’s. I wanted it, but it disappeared while I was in Vietnam.

None of the other cars I’ve had are really missed.

20. I would buy back my 70 Torino GT. It was an original paint (and about everything else) beauty.

Thor1 likes this.
  21. v8flat44

v8flat44

58 Vette, Panama Yellow, white coves, dual quads...was getting married & thought a 2 year old 64 Belvedere was a better family car... miss that too.

22. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

My story is somewhat different but it has a point (I think). Almost 30 years ago I went thru a surprise divorce (well it was to my anyhow:) and I needed money to pay her off to keep the little house we had and my high school car (still have it). I decided to sell my ‘69 GTO (4:33 close ratio car) that I had raced for several years at Muncie Dragway in the eighties. It was rough but still a PHS documented car. The guy buying it was much older, had lots of original and nice cars and was from several states away (he was a traveling salesmen). He stopped and checked it out and we agreed on a price. He put down a few hundred dollars and said he would return in a week with a trailer to pick it up and pay the remaining amount. The day came and I had already moved the car into the driveway (dumb kid move there) and arranged to leave work early to meet him at home. Of course I arrived and the car was already loaded on his trailer and he and another large man with a shoulder mounted pistol was standing in the driveway. I was shocked to say the least and living in the country and about 150 lbs I could see this wasn’t going to go well. Well he started by renegotiating the deal and I finally let him leave with it minus a few hundred dollars short of our agreed price. It was money I needed to finish my divorce and knew I had been strong armed into the deal. They left and I walked into the house (which I hadn’t been in since I arrived home) and saw a box I hadn’t given him. It wasn’t done on purpose as I had completely forgot about it. I thought well that’s what ya get for screwing me and put the box away. Now the story gets worse. I started receiving calls from him and from his lawyer about the missing parts (one of which was a key component) and even a threatening letter. Honestly I figured I had nothing to lose and just ignored all of it. It taught me several lessons but the most important one is how I treat all of the transactions with people in this hobby. Regardless of statue or money or whatever, I do my best to treat others with respect. Sure I’d love to have the car back but the lesson has never left me. Randy

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't do just one. Some are not HAMB friendly but I still wish I hadn't sold them. 1940 Ford pickup, 1940 Cadillac, 1950 Chevy pickup, 1953 Chevy Coupe, 1953 Ford pickup, 1964 Dodge Model 440, 1966 Nova, 1967 Charger, 1973 Nova, 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe.

Clay Belt and ffr1222k like this.
  24. trollst

trollst

My T bucket.....as I watched it drive away, I knew what a mistake that was, I can't find it now, supposed to be in the Red Deer Alberta area. But, like a lot of cars, it has vanished into a garage to collect dust.

25. Gabby

Gabby

Senior year of H.S., 57 Chevy 2dr. hard top. Replaced with 67 Nova SS, would love to have either back. Like most of you, there are many cars I parted out that I would love to have back.

26. guy1unico

guy1unico

Now in Germany , where the turkey changed the color from this awesome yellow to suck wad gold with a white chassis..
    German guys.jpg IMG_20121215_164001.jpg e

exterminator likes this.
  27. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I was going to do it again last year. Maybe I'll still do it after I clean my plate a bit more.

28. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I wouldn't say, "dumber". I would say, "who knew?". But I feel what you're saying.

29. FIGGIE

FIGGIE

IMG_2244.jpg helping my 84 year old father put the one he has had in storage fo almost 30 years. I Feel your pain

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. The 55 T bird I got from my dad when he passed. Had to sell it to help pay the bills from cancer.