Register now to get rid of these ads!

I think I had a thread pulled twice, but no notification?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by MrCreosote, Dec 28, 2018.

1. MrCreosote

MrCreosote
    from USA

There were replies too. Shouldn't I get a warning if I posted something offensive?

???

2. squirrel

squirrel

no.... if you know it's offensive, don't post it.

3. MrCreosote

MrCreosote
    from USA

I wanted to know what is a good engine simulation software to design a cam for my 1963 R3 Studebaker Lark.

4. aircap

aircap

Ask over on the Racing Studebaker forum...

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

This!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup that is a no no. It's the don't ask, don't tell part of the Hamb. If you have something that may not be kosher per Hamb rules you just don't mention it here if it doesn't fit inside the stock distributor cap. I think they have a section just for that sort of stuff over at https://www.hotrodders.com/ though as they seem to have a section on about everything.

Hollywood-East likes this.
  7. mrhp

mrhp
    from MICHIGAN

Call Comp Cams or Isky, they can do some research and help spec a cam for you.

8. MrCreosote

MrCreosote
    from USA

Thanks for the hotrodders.com lead!

Ironically, HAMP is one of the most technically advanced places on the internet. My friends call this the Bonneville racer site.

I wonder if talking about the latest advancements in painting technology is also a touchy subject?

pbr40 likes this.
  9. town sedan

town sedan

I wonder if talking about the latest advancements in painting technology is also a touchy subject?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, maybe..., but lack of paint / no paint causes a bigger stir.
    -Dave

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Ya know...you seem to be taking this a bit personal...and you really shouldn't. Stuff slips thru many times but the Mods are somewhat overworked trying to keep things within the HAMB guidelines. Yours got picked up on. It's not a big deal...happens to us all.
    Be thankful that many sites are specific to certain things...and this is one of them.
    Wouldn't be much fun going to a Snowmobile site and being swamped with dunebuggys!
    Same thing here. It's just focus....

11. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

If nothing else , this place is consistently inconsistent , what's o.k. on Monday may not be on Tuesday , what's ok for one person may not be for another , ya just gotta roll with it ...

12. Lots of VERY sharp technical guys over at hotrodders, give that a go. Most of what they discuss goes over my head.

13. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

First.....you gotta get an abbacus..........then ‘go figure’........

You do know, don’t you, that no one here will admit to having anything more modern than dial phone.......as one example of ‘tradition’.....:cool:

scotty t, Stu D Baker and alanp561 like this.
  14. BJR

BJR

I even had a rotary dialer installed on my cell phone so I don't get in trouble here.:p

15. Is there any other kind?? 20181229_081218.jpg

Roger Sundfors and Hnstray like this.
  16. Seepwater

Seepwater

I am still on a party line....

Shutter Speed, BJR and loudbang like this.
  17. MrCreosote

MrCreosote
    from USA

Yeah, I know what you mean. Will always love this site. I'm a Luddite in many ways and not totally unlike trying to adapt future tech from some post apocalypse dystopia to Studebakers in the past (yes, time travel).

BTW, does eveyone know about the 1983 Buick Riviera Convertible Indy Pace Car that had a one-of twin turbo engine? Just learned about it. Wow-zer... Respect.

pitman likes this.
  18. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Well that counts me out. I can't even figure out MrCreosote's avatar.

Frankie47, belair and Hnstray like this.
  19. squirrel

squirrel

I think the problem was that the post was talking about turbo maps....yeah, turbos existed in the olden days, but if you want to run one on the HAMB, be prepared to approach it in a traditional way, without computer simulations to help you decide which turbo to buy. Just get the only one that you could find back then, and use a stick welder and oxy torch to adapt it to your carburated monster.

But that's just a guess, I'm not sure I even remember the deleted post properly. Could have been someone else's post.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

See you just did it again......a 1983 car is not welcome here, the cutoff is in the mid 60's.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  21. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

The irony!

Sent From My Teletype Machine

Boneyard51 and wraymen like this.
  22. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Yup..

Boneyard51 likes this.
  23. 270ci

270ci

Not entirely sure either, but it looks like some rubber molds of cylinder head ports and a combustion chamber, framing an empty bottle of the lubricant required for such activity.

blowby likes this.
  24. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

“....framing an empty bottle of the lubricant required for such activity.“

And posted during the holiday saeson too!

25. frank spittle

frank spittle

I had one pulled this week with information on Woodstock's 50th Anniversary Festival coming up next year. I knew it was in a gray area, being from the late 1960s but gave it a try. I am not pissed about it. There will be plenty of info about it elsewhere.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  26. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Interesting that the thread entitled "CAD Drawing Alternator Bracket" is OK. Consistently inconsistent strikes again...

Boneyard51 likes this.
  27. MrCreosote

MrCreosote
    from USA

Yeah, the molds are from a set of trick ported R3 Studebaker heads. The beer bottle was there to show scale.

I originally street raced my R2 Lark (was a genuine Super Lark in the mid 70's and beat every single car one year at the local spot (Wendy's in Greensburg, PA). I had stockpiled over a dozen V8's and a dozen new crankshafts to sacrifice on the Altar of Speed but got bored and restored the car.

Now the engine is worth a fortune and I'm considering selling the R3, putting an 289 back in the car (not the numbers matching one) and boost the crap out of it and make it Go Fast. (I was also considering updating a high mileage modded 96 Viper GTS I bot almost 20 years go and the cost is STOOPID!) So I'm starting to have un-natural thoughts about the Lark.... I have a couple Corvair turbos and a T-type too with suck thru Q-jet (Argh!)

I know a guy who has his Avanti in the 9's with a single turbo and a young, sharp, Honda tech kid who is NA-ing his Civic almost in 10's now that is really pumped to get me going on the Stude. I need that youthful exuberance - mine has all evaporated.... no, more like sublimated - mine's been solidified for years....

Nostrebor and Hnstray like this.
  28. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I thought that was the acronym for "Cardboard Aided Design".....very traditional.....

GuyW, Boneyard51, scotty t and 2 others like this.
  29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I worked for a very large production scale cabinet shop with lots of bosses and one main man, the VP. Before then it was small 3 man shops. The VP once seen me cutting to scale templates and made a smart ass remark "why are you cutting paper dolls?". I challenged him to a contest. His scale and calculator and eraser to my moving scaled templates around a floor plan.

scotty t and Hnstray like this.