Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '49 Styleline Deluxe - Project FrankenStyle

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by FrankenRodz, Sep 27, 2017.

1. mkebaird

mkebaird

Hate it when that happens, working on my 39 Dodge throttle now.

FrankenRodz likes this.
  2. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Passed the Massachusetts State Inspection with Flying Colors! (Pun intended).
    The most strict, next to California, Massachusetts requires annual video-taped Inspection, so it's always a nail-biter.

lothiandon1940 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  3. Dusty_v8

Dusty_v8

That’s crazy as he77! I’m at Dmv in California right now, and if the inspection don’t kill ya the wait will! 4-1/2 hours and counting. Got here at 10:15 it’s 2:47 now!

I’m just putting it in my name with a title so it shouldn’t be too bad of a process.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Bowtie Coupe and FrankenRodz like this.
  4. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Oh yeah, DMV is an entirely separate Beast, which is much worse than our required Annual Inspections.
    There are only a handful of DMV locations for the entire State, whereas the Inspection process is done by independent Stations, but closely monitored by the State.

Dusty_v8 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  5. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

6. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Getting ready to submit Entry for FrankenStyle to Mecum Kissimee Auction. Here are my Beauty-Shots:

1-Driver Front.JPG 2-Pass Front.JPG 3-Driver Rear.JPG 4-Pass Rear.JPG 5-Roof.JPG 6-Hula Girl.JPG 6-Hula Girl.JPG 7-Brake Light.JPG 8-Trunk.JPG 9-Interior Side.JPG 10-Pass Dash.JPG 11-Back Seat.JPG 12-Engine.JPG Grille.JPG Hood Emblem.JPG Driver Butt.JPG Driver Trim Detail.JPG

7. So very cool! Good luck @ Mecum.:)

FrankenRodz and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  8. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Thanks! It's Official, Wednesday January 9, 2019 the car crosses the Block. Lot # W169.

It's seems far off, but it's creeping up quickly! Hustling to get signage, handouts, transport, lodging, all done.

Here's a look at the sign I plan to have at the car.

Mecum Sign-JPEG.jpg

9. What a great build. Very nicely done.

Bowtie Coupe and FrankenRodz like this.
  10. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Mecum-Bound! The '49 was loaded today, and off to Kissimmee. It pays to go with a Premium Hauler, Terry the Driver was fantastic! We'll catch up with it in Florida in a few days. Lot #W169.

IMG_1755.JPG IMG_1756.JPG IMG_1762.JPG IMG_1761.JPG IMG_1760.JPG IMG_1759.JPG

11. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

I dropped the Reserve and the car sold for only $20,900. to a Dealer.
    Immediately realized it was a Resto-Mod crowd by the 2nd day into the auction. Beautiful Rides going for crazy low pricing, and rolling crap with LS motors and A/C going for big dollars.
    In my opinion the general Buyer demographic was 70+ year-old Dealers looking for inventory.
    Nothing I didn't expect, having dealt with Barrett Jackson in the past, but at least this was my decision, where BJ is no-reserve.
    The upside is I've already been contacted with requests for Custom Builds, so hopefully the car will have done it's job and generated some business.
    The downside is that's my last HAMB-friendly Build. Going back to the LS dark side!

CAN'T THANK EVERYONE ENOUGH FOR ALL THE GREAT RESPONSE AND SUPPORT!

IMG_1834.JPG IMG_1835.JPG

12. So sorry to hear that things didn't go better for you. What a great car!!! At least, it may have generated some business for you, even if LS type.

FrankenRodz and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. jimdeere

jimdeere

Very Cool !

Bowtie Coupe likes this.