Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Buy Yourself a Rolling Bones hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vonn Ditch, Jun 28, 2017.

1. brady1929

brady1929

I can think of better things for everyone to get their panties in a bunch, than this thread!

2. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

WTF...Any hotrod builder or hotrod owner should hope this coupe sells for $98K. It will only help the market for us. I want the market to go up, not down.
    If you just buy and flip hotrods or have to pay someone to build your cars for you, then TFB for you. Pay to play.

I can't comprehend most of the replies in this thread.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  3. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

Car was at Goodguys Columbus this weekend in the swap meet. Owner was never around. 147c.jpg

a boner and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. 5window

5window

Was it priced for sale?

5. 5window

5window

I believe that your second quote here illustrates your first. Making it personal will just get this thread closed. We all like different styles-so what? If you like the car and have $100K -it could be yours. If you don't like the car, don't have the money, don't like the car but have the money or don't like the car and don't have the money you still get to comment and should be able to without it becoming personal. I enjoy learning about what others think is right or wrong with the car-design as well as construction. We're all just window shopping anyway.

ct1932ford likes this.
  6. You're absolutely right, man. The talking happens here, the doing happens elsewhere. There's really nothing here but digital pictures and text. No need to get nasty, just people discussing and learning/teaching.

That car is great, but I dig most of the cars guys here build just as much, lot's of heart.

I myself charge clients $10,000 for a bookcase that they could build themselves for $800. But it's more likely that a pig will sprout wings and fly around some frozen-over hell, than some dr, lawyer or finance guy will be able to build it for himself. The difference is that a lot of Hambers could build that car themselves. (Not me tho)

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71, trollst and Xman like this.
  7. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Guys, the owner of the is car is a great guy and a HAMB alliance member................$100k is not unreasonable for a Authenticated Rolling Bones built '32 and this one is a Henry Steel body, recently Richie Whalen's car "Scratchy" and Dave's Orange 3 window sold for around $100K so like it or not that is the market, if I had the money I would buy it and drive it to Bonneville with the rest of circus while the others throw hate from their keyboards!

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

Why are we still talking about this?

chopped, clem, raven and 3 others like this.
  9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Thirty twos @ $100K apparently ruffle HAMB feathers...
    I think if I had $100K rod dollars I'd build it myself...and not have to 'be anywhere', or 'heed to a boss' (how long since I did that???)
    Budget there, equipment here, talented wife does more than half of it...
    Guess I'm 'blessed'. (didn't USED to be!) Thank you, Father.

INVISIBLEKID, trollst and Montana1 like this.
  10. Budget36

Budget36

Well, one thing for sure, the car is getting more pub here, than on Craigslist;)

11. I kind of like the car, and any of us could build another one just like it for about 40K and a year's labor (what ever that's worth).
    But it will always be a clone... :)

trollst likes this.
  12. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

My 4 bedroom two bath stick built house cost me $78,000 I'll take my home over a car,I'm happy my beater sport coupe

chopped, INVISIBLEKID and trollst like this.
  13. You can sleep in your car but you can't drive your house!

clem and nochop like this.
  14. We have to remember that there are some folks out there who have many houses, many cars and much money. The only thing is, the closer you get to the top, the field of interest narrows. It's OK... :)

racemad55, Bondo Slinger and denis4x4 like this.
  15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True, unless you live in a van down by the river.:cool:

chopped, lilmann and raven like this.
  16. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Maybe from experience I can shed a little light on this. Before I get started I want to state up front I don't know the owner of this Coupe or have ever talked to or meet the Rolling Bones crew. I do really like their work and style and that's why I decided to build an old school hot rod. I also hope to meet them someday.

That is a lot of money to most of us average guys, however I don't think a few of you realize what it cost to build an all steel 32 Coupe today with an assortment of cool vintage parts. My 32 Coupe pictured below I had Pat & Zach at Thunder Road in Mansfield, Ohio build the frame and do the chop to a brand new Brookville body, they are very good and quite reasonable. Then basically two of us spent two years of every moment of our spare time to finish it right here at our High Noon Speed Shop. Please read that again "two years" of almost every early morning and late evening before and after work and most weekends and holidays! We even built the hot little Dodge Red Ram 270 "Baby Hemi" right here in the shop!

So with that said I can tell you that Coupe is worth every penny of the 100K asking price if that is correct! Remember you and your friends don't have to work two years, all you just have to pick it up or arrange shipping. And don't forget it is a certified Rolling Bones build!

Someday down the road I may consider selling my Coupe and I know I will never be able to return all the many hours that we put into it. Hope this helps.

High Noon Speed Shop - Baltic, Ohio

My Bolg: https://ontheroadtonowhereville.wordpress.com/

fog11.JPG

fog2.JPG

rzDSC00849.JPG

ross1.JPG

rez1ross2.JPG

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    hfh, itsmee, chryslerfan55 and 5 others like this.
  17. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. racemad55

racemad55

Well worth every penny, It sports my drilled & sleeved bones & axle so that raises the price a tad. I also have an overpriced car on the hamb classifieds. It only takes one ass to fill a seat.

19. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

Well it's been a while. I wonder if this car ever bought the money? Who knows which Bones cars have changed hands?

20. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Sweet coupe.....seems a bargain, and no waiting....

21. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Meanwhile a year and a half later....

clem likes this.
  22. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

The 'Rollin Bones' are issuing certs now? Barris had a crest...

23. Bad ass looking car. Is it worth the money? Only if you want it. If not, just turn the page.

mgtstumpy and mad mikey like this.
  24. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I guess not every builder does A to Z in a build. I suppose farming different points of the job out adds to the price.

25. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

Actually I was just curious if anyone knew what happened with the car, since it was advertised for sale last year. I guess the answer to that is no one here knows.

chryslerfan55 and 5window like this.
  26. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Funny that most seem to like this car and in another thread they are tearing up people for using cowl steering.

27. bct

bct

id love to take my rolling bones car to TROG and sell fidget spinners.

28. Question? Are we looking at vintage steel?
    IDK
    If not... it needs to be considered before determining value.

dana barlow likes this.