Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lump of California Christmas Coal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Joker, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

AB 1824 is it, for 2019 20181225_095900 (2)_LI.jpg

DFH-GMC and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Dude there have always been modified exhaust laws. It just depends how much of a jerk the rider or driver is. Usually it’s a add-on to a vehicle being stopped for otherr reasons. Like speeding or expired tags.

I been waiting for this one for years. They are starting to do away with running no plates or dealer paper plates and forcing temp license plate numbers.

Temporary License Plate Program (AB 516, Mullin): This law requires licensed California dealers, of new and used vehicles to attach temporary paper license plates on a vehicle at the point of sale if that vehicle does not display license plates previously issued by the DMV. The temporary license plates contain a unique number and expiration date. No vehicle can be driven off the dealership lot without the temporary license plate affixed to it unless it already has issued plates. The intent of this new law is to reduce the number of toll violators and improve safety for law enforcement.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Sponsored by Assembly Committee on the Budget...:rolleyes:

"Fix-it ticket? We don't need no stinking fix-it tickets!"

Hnstray and Darryl Deir like this.
  4. My pet peeve.... I like bikes. I don't own one. I have several friends that do.....
    But- My bitch is..... "loud pipe's save live's" is Bullshit!
    Loud pipe's? So I'm sitting in traffic, say going at a crawl, maybe 10-15 mph.....
    Then some jackass has to come right next to my window and grabs throttle.... I'm looking forward and driving, NOT looking to see your Monkey Ass splitting lanes......
    Hey ASSHOLE! You just scared the F$%K out of me, and if I react, who's fault is it gonna be?
    I'm minding my own biz trying to get to work like everyone else, but YOU feel your entitled to be 12'' inches from my head, and rev the piss out of your machine....
    if I did that in my hot rod, the cop's would be knocking at my door quickly.........
    Leave 15 min's earlier would ya?
    I hope the cops start busting the loud pipe thing, but there's A$$HOLES in every group.......
    Been that way for years.....Don't see a change soon, or ever..... BUT- For the FOOL that thinks he's above all the rest of us, and your noise scares the F&^K outta me, and I react, hope you have some good insurance, and a good lawyer........ You'll need it.

5. just a couple more reason living here sucks :mad:

46international, Dave Mc and Deuces like this.
  6. leon bee

leon bee

I was hesitant to say anything, but. I live in a little tourist town that's been over run by vee twin neo-biker fools who all seem to get off on making as much noise as they can. When not riding, they stand around and discuss their sound. If the courts fined those jerks, it would be fine by me...and I own and ride a lot of bikes. So you all out there with this new law, I say blame Milwaukee.

62rebel, gimpyshotrods and 5window like this.
  7. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess who ever buy's my 1991 HD Heritage will need to remover the Thunder Header..

8. 5window

5window

I don't like excessive regs, but I can't tell you how many times I've been at an outdoor event in a town park, or eating outside at a restaurant, or inside for that matter, and some clown comes through town revving up his motor just to make noise and disturb people. Want to run down the highway at deafening noise levels-fine, But, this reg's ok by me,

9. 5window

5window

Noise doesn't equal speed. Decibel levels might be the inverse of IQ sometimes.

Chili Phil, Fordors, Hnstray and 5 others like this.
  10. 5window

5window

We've had temp tags for years. No big deal. At a time when more and more tolls are collected electronically, this is one of the prices for convenience.

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am fine with the new proposal.

I am doubly fine with the new temporary tag proposal. The money recovered by toll evaders alone will likely fix all of the bridges, for years.

Nitroholic, LBCD and XXL__ like this.
  12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

13. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

No idea when this went into effect. I just purchased a new vehicle and came off of the dealership lot with regular paper plates and the typical temp reg sticker on the windshield.

I think that I would prefer the temp plate over the windshield temp registration sticker any day.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  14. Back in the 60's here in the South tickets for loud mufflers was as common as neck hickeys. HRP

29AVEE8 likes this.
  15. new law # AB 1830: No Bitching on Christmas.

16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Doesn't apply to me. :)

1225181714a_resized.jpg

mkebaird and vtx1800 like this.
  17. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

You guys bitching about motorcycles realize this applies to your hot rod too? It says modified exhaust which is going to apply to pretty much everyone's cars here (if you live in Commifornia, thank God I got the hell out!) unless it is 100% stock. I wonder how long before the state makes any and all modifications illegal?

18. Budget36

Budget36

I can live with quiet...hope it'll get rid of the import fart pipes as well.

19. Totally was waiting for this.....

BTW, they had fix it tickets for this for ever (I used to get them from time to time in the 90's). I depends where you are and who or what your are (a jackass or not) whether you get a ticket or not. It's totally up to the cops discression to pull you over or not. Then I'm sure there's a decible limit to meet so you might be able to fight it. But firstly act normal and you won't have a problem.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    mkebaird likes this.
  20. indyjps

indyjps

Regulations suck, but in general its a guideline to allow the cops to act. Dont be an ass and they likely have better things to do.
    I cant stand loud Harleys or glass packs. Sound like a fucking tractor. Before everyone piles on with blah blah, its my opinion, ride your bike or run your cars exhaust the way you want, just stay away from me, the cackle sounds like broken ass farm equipment. :eek:
    Hope no one here gets a ticket with this addition level of big brother in your area.

Darryl Deir and Speedwrench like this.
  21. flynstone

flynstone

22. flynstone

flynstone

you do know what that mirror in your car is for rite? you should have seen that bike if you were looking

23. I wish would have been worded so that it covers "loud vehicles, modified to be loud" not just exhaust but those "lovely man tunes" played from Dressers.

Hey I rode for a long time, with nothing but the sound of the engine under me.
    Things are out of hand in LA, when splitting lane goes away it will be game over.

End of rant, yes Im getting old...
    back to Hotrodding guys, that stuff is for the Jockeyjournal.

24. Big diesel trucks in WV aren't covered by any exhaust legislation. Now with the Oil and Gas boom here in the Northern Panhandle the Jake Brakes drive you sleepless in WV as they ride them for the sake of hearing them. Just another old man rant.

25. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Seems to me I remember paper licenses on new cars in the 60’s

26. Punctuation? What are my mirror's for? Last I saw today, there were three, and not one said look out for assholes coming up like idiots, passing me within inches... Um.... Last I checked..... Turning, backing, seeing where I"M at!
    If you gotta beef with people who drive cars....., and care about THEIR/OUR safety VS. your own on a bike, go bitch somewhere else.....
    Maybe a bike bitch site that caters to those who think they do not apply......

27. ^ WORD

28. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

There was a time back in the seventies that we would space our header mufflers away from the headers a quarter inch or so and think it was cool, or we would run our cars up in first gear and shut off the ignition for a few seconds kick it back on to a very loud fire ball under the car, I haven't done that in forty years damn I'm getting old.
    But I have run a mopar with a 1500 rpm idle and Flowmaster 40s and that was asking to get pulled over, even in Iowa.

29. XXL__

XXL__

You know what the stripes on the road are for, right?

Shutter Speed and Flathead Dave like this.
  30. lake_harley

lake_harley

Despite my user name (long story from many years ago) I am no fan what-so-ever of loud Harleys. We live on a popular weekend motorcycle riding highway and get really tired of the pirates parading by.

29de9d0b3ee43ee495f64255bfe99acf.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.