Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1959 edsel ranger build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrodmnm, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

'Twas the night before Christmas and out in the garage, not a creature was stirring not a Ford, a Chevy, or a Dodge. The presents were wrapped and the lights were all lit, so I figured I'd mess with the ole hot rod a bit. I popped the release and I lifted the hood, When a deep voice behind me said "looks pretty good." Well, as you can imagine, I turned mighty quick, and there, by the workbench, stood good ole Saint Nick!

We stood there a bit, not too sure what to say, and then he said "don't suppose that you'd trade for my sleigh?" I said "no way, Santa" and started to grin, "but if you've got the time we could go for a spin!" His round little mouth all tied up like a bow turned into a smile and he said "Hey, let's go!!"

So as not to disturb all the neighbors' retreat. We pushed the ole hot rod quietly into the street. Then taking our places to drift down the hill, I turned on the key and I let the clutch spill. The sound that erupted took him by surprise, but he liked it a lot, by the look in his eyes. With the rear tires a' crying and side pipes a glow, we headed on out where all the cruisers go.

And Santa's grin widened approaching his ears, with every shift up as I went through the gears. Then he yelled, "Can't recall when I've felt so alive!" So I backed off the gas and said "you wanna drive?" Ole Santa was stunned when I gave him the keys, when he walked past the headlights he shook at the knees!

Then the engine exploded with side exhaust sound! Santa let out the clutch and the tires shook the ground! Power shift into second, again into third! I sat there just watching, at loss for a word. Then I heard him exclaim as we blasted from sight, "Merry Christmas to all, it's a very good night!

~Hotrodmnm

2. jimmy959

jimmy959

Just started reading this thread today...wow! You've done a fantastic job on this car! And you can be proud that you are the one who did all that work....and it looks great!
    Someone up-thread mentioned whitewalls. I did a quick Photoshop of what wide whites would look like just FYI. Slap some Porta-Walls on it and it'd look pretty slick I think. And Merry Christmas to you!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Atlas-W...?epid=598564931&hash=item2aa9b76b4e:rk:5:pf:0

59 edsel.jpeg

loudbang and Bleach like this.
  3. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Wow! Thank you so much! I wish my photoshop skills were that good! That really gave me an idea of what it would look like! I appreciate it! Merry Christmas to you! Thanks again!!

~Hotrodmnm

jimmy959 and loudbang like this.
  4. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Edsel parking signs are here! Keep in mind I can make signs for other cars! (Mustang, Willie's, etc) Merry Christmas! 20181225_182357.jpeg

~Hotrodmnm

loudbang and warhorseracing like this.
  5. manyolcars

manyolcars

I need the horse collar shown here and have a 2 dr hardtop 59 parts car and can trade just about anything after the doors.- -Edit,the pic didnt show up but its the ring. Second picture on post 288

loudbang likes this.
  6. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

7. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Have done some little things. Just redid the heater hoses, have a master cylinder on the way as well! Will be doing body work. But she is close!

~Hotrodmnm

8. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Got her out and about today! 20190511_110842.jpeg 20190511_110848.jpeg 20190511_110856.jpeg

~Hotrodmnm

9. Spooky

Spooky

Neat! Dealership script?

loudbang likes this.