Register now to get rid of these ads!

DeRosa's Cadillac @ Paso

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hipstreet, May 28, 2006.

1. Hipstreet

Hipstreet
    from Cali

DeRosa's candy red Cadillac was the best ride in Paso, I have never seen a more cleaner car , the workmanship on the car was unbelievable, the styling was beautiful, there has never been a custom this perfect. Me and the gang could not find one flaw on this car. The DeRosa's have raised the bar ,which I think very few builders will ever be able to reach. the leather interior was incredible, paint was flawless, chrome as bright and shiny as possible, engine Bitchen. the other big boy had his ride there, and even with all the money spent on that car there was quite a few flaws(although minor), it could not come close to the DeRosa's Cad. What a mind blowing car.:D

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Is that one i saw on a trailer, drivin' back to LA. Pics please!!!

3. Hipstreet

Hipstreet
    from Cali

I took pictures with a 35mm camera and need to have them developed, sorry:(

4. Johnnyboys65

Johnnyboys65
    from Antioch,Ca

Hey Dreadman....
    #1 - The DeRosa is from Nor Cal
    #2 - The car is not done

Keep looking online and you'll find a pic....The car was near perfection.

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

6. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

I will take some pics and post them asap.

The city of Pittsburgs; "DeRosa Night" carshow is this Thursday night.
    June 1st. 6pm - 9pm on Railroad Avenue Pittsburg CA. The show is down town towards waterfront.

Frank Jr. was working until all hours of the night last week putting his Caddy together. He had alot help getting it done on time for Paso! The end result presentation was beautiful!

Although it runs like a champ, he ended up having his buddy trailer it down to Paso early Saturday and left Saturday night. My dad had decided not to go and then changed his mind last minute and made that 3 hour drive alone mid morning Saturday and spent a few hours at show and left. Said the cars were great! Loved the cars parked along the streets "treat" to see. Said he met some HAMBer's at show. He reconnected with friends from all over US that made the Paso trip and was amazed at how many people plan a family vacation to Paso every year to see the rides.
    Had a great time and great to see Penny still working hard to put together a great show of cars 1/2 way between Nor and So Cal!

7. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Frank Jr.s convert was definitely one of the top rides in attendance this year. I had a good talk with him- great car. Jim

8. Hipstreet

Hipstreet
    from Cali

I should have mentioned that I spoke to DeRosa's son for a few minutes, I asked a few questions about the car and he couldn't have been nicer, he seemed very excited about the car, like a proud Papa. what a cool guy he was, if only all builders/owners could be that cool. Thanks DeRosa crew you did it again!

9. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Here are a couple. Sorry for the girlfriend in the picture but it was the only sunny picture I got. The others are shady and you can not see the popping paint. For me to be a proud owner of a car they helped design I was glad to see his Caddy finished. It sat next to my Caddy at their shop while Frankie worked on both. Happy to see him as happy as I am of mine. His Caddy is as classy as both De Rosa Jr. and Sr. Friends for life.

Attached Files:

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Did you say Girlfriend? What Cadillac in the pictures.

11. If your girlfriend posed next to my caddy would it look as good? I think I need to move south. Sweet car

Attached Files:

12. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

13. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

You'll NEVER need to apologize for your girl in the pic! Nice pics of the really SWEET Caddy!

14. Rikster

Rikster

Here is another photo of that gorgious DeRosa Cadillac. WOW.

The photo was taken by Rob Radcliffe and is a bit overexposed... but wow what a lines on that car...perfect. I love the rounded corners especially on the hood corners.

[​IMG]

15. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Huge Dagmars

16. 50adict

50adict
    from SALINAS

17. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

What year is that car? I got one of those grills from a guy going to the dump. I even got the strip that goes just under the hood. Too bad he didn't
    have the bumper. I mocked it up in my 50 ford. Looks scary good. I still think
    I'm gonna run my 54 chevy unit and use the caddy on another build. Anyway
    who know the year? 53 or 54 maybe?
    thanks
    ROD

18. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Chopped car without a shaved hood... isn't that illegal?

19. Are those real? Um, I mean the Caddy, of course.

20. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

The car is a 1952 Cadillac.

There is some video coverage at www.pittsburgca.net for 6/1/06 "DeRosa" Night Car Show.

21. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

beautiful car, the only flaw to me is the roof is too low, too much was taken out. Then again i'm not much on chopping caddy's near to those years... still... beautiful car...

22. Nice paint. No issue with the emblems. Cadillac designed nice ones and it's good to see them used effectively. Nosed and decked is almost routine.
    I think that top is too low. Does it operate?

23. crash 51

crash 51
    from FTW,TEXAS

since when do you worry about being legal?