Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Called Wheel Vintiques to order a set wheel. Nope !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by divco13, Dec 14, 2018.

1. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Frenchtown Flyer : Another plus with dealing with Dayton direct would be the option of getting real "Knock-off" wheels & hubs direct from the manufacturer. Like they've only been doing it since when Henry only made "Bangers"! LOL!!

2. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Inquiry sent to Dayton. I'll let you all know what they say.

5window and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Roothawg

Roothawg

So who sells just a set of new Ford wheels with just 1 set of holes? 15x6, 5 on 4.5"

4. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Thompson's Garage

5. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Dayton replied quickly. For the 16" wheels I want and related hardware they are $825 each. Not horrible. I'm starting to save up for them. I've heard nothing but good things about their quality - that's more important to me than saving a few bucks.

For tires they suggest Lucas Classic or Coker FWIW.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Frenchtown : Of course you realize that the person who told you $3K per wheel will now tell you :"I thought you wanted the price for a set?" LOL!! Just proves the old saw "Always go to the source when available!" Looking forward to seeing them on your ride!!

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

egads and Roothawg like this.
  8. 5window

5window

I don't know. Adding some nitro would bake those cookies a lot more quickly :)

9. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

I've bought a number of wheel from Wheel Smith. No complaints. Ordered two rear wheels for the '41 Ford pickup. Went to their shop with all the spec's, ordered them, paid for them. They were ready in a week. Picked them up, took them home to pre fit them before tires mounted. They had built them with the wrong offset. Took them back and they replaced them, no questions asked. Good customer service if you ask me.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. 5window

5window

Excellent that they stood by their work and corrected the mistakes. A bit concerning that they were built incorrectly to start with.